Forest vs Swansea - Match Fred sponsored by play-off capitulation | Vital Football

Forest vs Swansea - Match Fred sponsored by play-off capitulation

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
65684.png

After the success of the last match fred which inspired the Forest players to a fine performance, I thought I'd give this bitch another go.

Match: Forest vs Swansea

Kick-off: 6:00pm

Weather forecast: Another cool day on the banks of the river trent with a moderately westerly breeze. Dare we think about putting the heating on in July?

Last League Meeting: Swansea 0-1 Forest, 14th September 2020 - Our solid start to the season continued with this superb win at Swansea, who themselves were top of the league having won 5 of their first 6 games. The Reds won it in the 85th minute after a superb bit of counter-attacking from Grabban, who squared it to Semedo who did his level best to miss but somehow managed to scoop the ball into the net. Probably the best thing he's ever done or ever will do in a Forest shirt.

League Form (last 5 games):
Forest: W-W-D-L-D
Swansea: L-D-W-W-L

Last Time Out:
Preston 1-1 Forest
Swansea 0-1 Leeds

Team News:
Forest: Lamouchi again didn't sound confident that Lolley or Cash would be fit for this one, saying that there had been little change in their condition since the weekend so I expect them both to miss out again.

Swansea: Goalkeeper Freddie Woodman could be missing after he was injured at the weekend and defender Mike van der Hoorn (great name) could be in line for a return.

Pre-Match Ramble:
Results last weekend generally went for us and meant that our point at Preston was a useful one. The results last night don't change our situation in that if we win tonight then our play-off spot will be confirmed. Draw and we should be as good as there.

I think Sabri will set us up tonight to play to our strengths; allow Swansea to have the ball, keep a solid shape and pounce on any mistakes they make. Hopefully the players will be comfortable with this and have enough left in the tank to at least squeeze a draw out of this game.

I expect Silva to return to midfield as he should find some space and time on the ball against a Swansea side who like to play a fairly open game.

Swansea are a real hot-and-cold side; at times they play some excellent football and look very dangerous, whereas at other times they look soft and can limp to defeat. Since the re-start they have beaten Boro 3-0 but also lost 0-1 at home to Luton. Let's hope that the late defeat to Leeds has knocked their confidence and tonight we find them on one of their 'cold' days.

Come 8pm tonight we could know for certain that we have a chance of total capitulation and humiliation in this year's play-offs.

Predicted Starting XI:

Samba; Jenkinson, Worrall, Figuerido, Ribeiro; Watson, Sow, Silva; Da Costa, Ameobi; Grabban.

Prediction:
Another tough one to predict with both sides capable of winning but also slipping to a disappointing defeat. That said, I'm ever the optimist so my prediction is:

Reds 2-1 Swansea

COYR

Last edited:
I, for one, am glad AC has started this thread. Couldn't have some riff-raff like me or that loser Apollyon creating it. We needed a Vital community heavyweight to post this bad boy.

Apollyon and I are both good in our own fields. I'm sure Apollyon couldn't write a first class match Fred. I couldn't do what he...well, I could do what he does, and I think he knew that even back then.

Apollyon and I are both good in our own fields. I'm sure Apollyon couldn't write a first class match Fred. I couldn't do what he...well, I could do what he does, and I think he knew that even back then.

Imo it is not his competance, just his out and out bad luck.

Think we could just nick this one but would love to see us score more than one

I am really nervous about this one.
Win and we can rotate with a view to keeping fitness levels up and reducing injury chances.
Draw, pretty similar but not as comfortable.
Lose and we go into two horrible games needing a win.

We need to put this to bed tonight.

anyone else beginning to get the feeling we are going to drop out the play offs on the last day

its such a forest thing to do

anyone else beginning to get the feeling we are going to drop out the play offs on the last day

its such a forest thing to do

No. We are going to embarrassed, humiliated and destroyed in the Playoff final in front of no fans for our ONLY Wembley appearance this millennium.