Forest Vs QPR Match Fred (PMSL) sponsored by Charlie Austin’s dad carrying revolving boxes of Umbro training gear on the strip of land. | Page 17 | Vital Football

Forest Vs QPR Match Fred (PMSL) sponsored by Charlie Austin’s dad carrying revolving boxes of Umbro training gear on the strip of land.

Went straight through his legs! wasn't beaten on his near post!!

All goalkeepers get beat. Was he beaten on near post? For me he got his angles correct. Had left foot just inside near post, not to be beaten on near post and made himself as big as possible. Shot was hard enough so that he couldn’t react and a bit either way would have got a foot or leg on it. Think a bit harsh to claim beaten on near post. Went between his legs. Hit and hope.

In the air Horvath is better, both catching and punching. Shot stopping they both are reasonable stoppers. Samba is much better at distribution of ball. Samba is physically bigger and should command his area better than he does.

All goalkeepers get beat. Was he beaten on near post? For me he got his angles correct. Had left foot just inside near post, not to be beaten on near post and made himself as big as possible. Shot was hard enough so that he couldn’t react and a bit either way would have got a foot or leg on it. Think a bit harsh to claim beaten on near post. Went between his legs. Hit and hope.

In the air Horvath is better, both catching and punching. Shot stopping they both are reasonable stoppers. Samba is much better at distribution of ball. Samba is physically bigger and should command his area better than he does.
Samba's shot stopping is better imo. He's made some amazing saves in his time here.

On the goal, Gray was running across the defensive line and worrall points and tells Figs that he was his man. Gray cuts in front and figs slips. Difficult to defend but I thought figs and yates were at fault. Yates for not stopping the pass and figs for loosing his man.
Horvath did nothing wrong. Just beaten by a fierce shot between his legs. It happens to all goalkeepers and he played well. Cross taking is better than Samba and his distribution is improving. Made another goal saving save in the first half also.
Good to see Lolley back and he did look hungry to get onto the ball and make things happen.
Would have been good to see laryea get a run out on the left side perhaps but a fabulous win.
Its all in our hands now. We need Middlesbrough to not make the playoffs as Spence would not play. Be typical if we play them in the final after making a £1.5m player into £30m.

To be fair to Horvath, he has done well considering the pressure is under the way he was brought in.
The timing as well has helped him though, when the team are playing so well.
Is it just my observations, or does his legs seem reluctant to move higher than 6" off the ground when diving to make a save? :rolleyes:

To be fair to Horvath, he has done well considering the pressure is under the way he was brought in.
The timing as well has helped him though, when the team are playing so well.
Is it just my observations, or does his legs seem reluctant to move higher than 6" off the ground when diving to make a save? :rolleyes:
He doesn’t seem to move that freely which doesn’t inspire confidence. I am not saying that he hasn’t done well so far but I just don’t have the belief that he is any more than a decent championship keeper.

He doesn’t seem to move that freely which doesn’t inspire confidence. I am not saying that he hasn’t done well so far but I just don’t have the belief that he is any more than a decent championship keeper.

At this moment Basha, i'd concur.
He hasn't let us down. But i certainly don't watch him and think, WOW.
Samba has his faults as well, in different ways.

Personally, if we went up, I'd want someone better than either of them.

Obviously you’d always want more/better but I think Sambz could cut it at PL level.

It's opinions mucker.
I worry about his mental strength more.
The strikers are better, the attacks more frequent and your every move is observed.
He's a ticking bomb at times.

Yes but I think he’s a confidence player. If he makes a few good saves & then that goes to a few good performances then so and so on.

look at Harry McGuire his shit & was once the most expensive defender ever but that’s because his confidence is shattered by being shit

Exactly my thoughts. Samba has been better this season than last but then he hasn’t had to work as hard. Depending on who gets relegated and if we get promoted, there are some useful keepers that could be up for grabs.

Yes but I think he’s a confidence player. If he makes a few good saves & then that goes to a few good performances then so and so on.

look at Harry McGuire his shit & was once the most expensive defender ever but that’s because his confidence is shattered by being shit
Owd then so and so on. T**************t.

?
what on earth are you expecting? that forest are so shit that the keepers have to pull off worldies every game to look good lol

They are both top standard keepers, both good enough for us whatever league we are in I would imagine. Both internationals and young and improving too.