Forest vs Blunts Match Fred | Page 11 | Vital Football

Forest vs Blunts Match Fred

The real concern at the moment is that we keep conceding the first goal. In 6 of Cooper's 8 games we have gone 0-1 behind and the soft underbelly is still there.

It's great that the team has the spirit and momentum to keep coming back in games, but that cannot go on forever and eventually we will start losing games.

Last night wasn't great but it was two evenly matched teams and it's still so much better to watch than under Hughton, even when we are only at 7/10.

I would like to see us go back to the 4-2-3-1 that we usually finish with.

The 3 centre halves look steady but we always concede with this formation and usually first, and that means we bring figs off and go more attacking.

Having 3 behind grabban would get us more wins.

No disrespect to them as they’ve been better than us especially under hopeless Hughs however Coventry Luton & Huddersfield shows how poor the division is this season & how we really need to be pushing up the table.

I think poor is an understatement; it is the lowest standard I can remember.

If you look at the three teams who look like the favourites to go up, they look pretty moderate; how Bournemouth have remained unbeaten is a mystery, Fulham have one top class player who is a gamechanger, and West Brom have been turned in to Barnsley hoof ball mark 2, much to then chagrin of their support base.

The gap between this league and the PL is widening by the hour; Norwich pissed the league last season and are all but down again, Watford are in Freefall, and, despite a good start, and performances full of confidence, Brentford have started losing games.

Howe is reportedly being lined up to replace Farke, but he does not have a tremendous record in dog fights, and neither does Ranieri at Watford.

It remains to be seen how Frank stands up to a run of harsh defeats and dwindling confidence amongst the players; it will certainly not be easy for him.

It looks like the current rate for going up and staying up is in the region of 300m, and that is no guarantee for the manager to keep his job - will Dean Smith make it to Christmas?

No disrespect to them as they’ve been better than us especially under hopeless Hughs however Coventry Luton & Huddersfield shows how poor the division is this season & how we really need to be pushing up the table.

This. Agree with polly tho, performances improving, results will follow. Whether or not thats enough for a bit of a push for a play off place is uncertain but that has to be the aim.

I would like to see us go back to the 4-2-3-1 that we usually finish with.

The 3 centre halves look steady but we always concede with this formation and usually first, and that means we bring figs off and go more attacking.

Having 3 behind grabban would get us more wins.

Am increasingly of the view that three at back away from home is OK. Gives more licence to wing backs to get forward. Would prefer when the opposition has only one striker and everyone else behind the ball that one of those three defenders moves in to midfield. Feel this role will suit Mbe Soh but may take some time to judge when to step up.

At home, against most opposition we should be going four at back and pushing the opposition in to their own third. I felt both Worrall and McKenna stepped up more last night than they had in previous games. Am happy to leave for PNE game but am looking forward to return of Loic. He also has more pace than present members of back three, thus long ball over the top is less of a threat to runners like Brewster, Gibbs White and Mousset.

Tactically we are not being out thought. Need to be sponsored by spec savers.

Am increasingly of the view that three at back away from home is OK. Gives more licence to wing backs to get forward. Would prefer when the opposition has only one striker and everyone else behind the ball that one of those three defenders moves in to midfield. Feel this role will suit Mbe Soh but may take some time to judge when to step up.

At home, against most opposition we should be going four at back and pushing the opposition in to their own third. I felt both Worrall and McKenna stepped up more last night than they had in previous games. Am happy to leave for PNE game but am looking forward to return of Loic. He also has more pace than present members of back three, thus long ball over the top is less of a threat to runners like Brewster, Gibbs White and Mousset.

Tactically we are not being out thought. Need to be sponsored by spec savers.

I would be loath to go four at the back; neither Spence or Lowe are the best of defenders - they both look very good going forward but leave at lot to be desired defensively.

I would look to change the middle of midfield at home; Yates and Colback look good defensively and get forward into good positions, but we need that little bit more.

Surely Ojeda needs to be given a chance.

We are crying out for someone to attack through the middle from deep; get him playing a fast paced pass and move, attacking defenders centrally where it is difficult to defend against; if it does not come off we still have the option to recycle out wide where there should then be more space.

Lolley looks like he could be on the cusp on roaring back into life.. just needs that run of games. Couldn’t believe how he got outpaced in the opening couple of minutes by bloody Cathcart though from that diagonal through ball. Looked like it should have been his all day.

Lolley is getting passed people again, if he can find some end product he's still useful.

All this debate about us is irrelevant until we can actually do anything even remotely worthwhile from any set pieces other than Tayz & his shithousing penalty can anyone remember when we scored from a set piece?
Worrall's header on HT was close.

If Garner can get back to his standards of last season we should start to score from set pieces.

All this debate about us is irrelevant until we can actually do anything even remotely worthwhile from any set pieces other than Tayz & his shithousing penalty can anyone remember when we scored from a set piece?
Agreed, I said on the QPR match thread I have never seen a team look less like scoring from corners etc. I think the last one was Yates' header at B'Ham that was from a corner wasn't it.
We really should do better with 3 big centre halves and Yates in the box we should be quite dangerous. It's either poor movement from those in the box or poor delivery or perhaps a combination of the 2

I would be loath to go four at the back; neither Spence or Lowe are the best of defenders - they both look very good going forward but leave at lot to be desired defensively.

I would look to change the middle of midfield at home; Yates and Colback look good defensively and get forward into good positions, but we need that little bit more.

Surely Ojeda needs to be given a chance.

We are crying out for someone to attack through the middle from deep; get him playing a fast paced pass and move, attacking defenders centrally where it is difficult to defend against; if it does not come off we still have the option to recycle out wide where there should then be more space.

I concede your point re Lowe and Spence. Can’t comment on Brian as havn’t seen him kick a ball.

Am also troubled by the number of times, at home, particularly when we go one down, we find ourselves with three at the back marking one striker. We are then outnumbered in midfield or attack or both.

Agreed, I said on the QPR match thread I have never seen a team look less like scoring from corners etc. I think the last one was Yates' header at B'Ham that was from a corner wasn't it.
We really should do better with 3 big centre halves and Yates in the box we should be quite dangerous. It's either poor movement from those in the box or poor delivery or perhaps a combination of the 2

It’s definitely both but I suppose it’s chicken & egg as why do good delivery when the movement is shite & why put yourself at risk of getting hurt if the delivery is shite.

Coopz

WHAT A MAN
WHAT A MANAGER

is doing well but if we don’t start getting more out of set pieces then he simply has to go.