Forest, Villa or Rangers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest, Villa or Rangers

Why? We have the advantage in attendance. More history. A more recognisable badge world wide. We play in red. Everything these people usually prize we have.

Because Money. Because London. Attendances aren't important and we're a provincial club with a limited following anyway. History is irrelevant, we had a golden patch for a couple of years and that's it. Look at our comparative histories over the last 20 years...

Have our bigger attendances or better history seen us outperform Palace? No. Fulham? No. QPR? No. West Ham? No. Even Charlton have enjoyed more top flight time than us.

It's why we attract the types of owners we do...

Its just money, London attracts money Nottingham doesn't.

Because Money. Because London. Attendances aren't important and we're a provincial club with a limited following anyway. History is irrelevant, we had a golden patch for a couple of years and that's it. Look at our comparative histories over the last 20 years...

Have our bigger attendances or better history seen us outperform Palace? No. Fulham? No. QPR? No. West Ham? No. Even Charlton have enjoyed more top flight time than us.

It's why we attract the types of owners we do...

Its just money, London attracts money Nottingham doesn't.
I think you are exaggerating London. There are plenty of other areas that wealthy people would want to invest in. Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham would all be attractive.

I agree with you though that Nottingham is certainly not one of them

I think you are exaggerating London. There are plenty of other areas that wealthy people would want to invest in. Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham would all be attractive.

I agree with you though that Nottingham is certainly not one of them

Sure, there's a hierarchy but like it or not London is comfortably top. I'd put Leeds right up there with those. One club city, lots of financial institutions, a city centre that's been heavily redeveloped etc.

The economic growth of London, the income of London, the job creation of London etc are double that of the other leading cities and 7 times that of the former industrial heartlands. Why? In large part because of its relationship with overseas business. It's the financial heart of the country, it's where overseas investors want to be.

That won't always translate directly into football, but money will gravitate towards London.

You could argue Villa with their much bigger potential than QPR are more attractive but even then Birmingham is so meh to an investor.

Sure, there's a hierarchy but like it or not London is comfortably top. I'd put Leeds right up there with those. One club city, lots of financial institutions, a city centre that's been heavily redeveloped etc.

The economic growth of London, the income of London, the job creation of London etc are double that of the other leading cities and 7 times that of the former industrial heartlands. Why? In large part because of its relationship with overseas business. It's the financial heart of the country, it's where overseas investors want to be.

That won't always translate directly into football, but money will gravitate towards London.

You could argue Villa with their much bigger potential than QPR are more attractive but even then Birmingham is so meh to an investor.
Actually Birmingham is starting to see a lot more investment in recent years and, partly because of the easy, quick and direct links to London it is starting to become a popular choice again for people who want to move away from London.

Actually Birmingham is starting to see a lot more investment in recent years and, partly because of the easy, quick and direct links to London it is starting to become a popular choice again for people who want to move away from London.

True to an extent, Birmingham has seen a lot of growth from people and companies who find London simply too expensive. It's cheaper, has a skilled workforce and it's links with London are strong. If I ran a company looking to reshore then Birmingham would be near the top of my list.

However it still doesn't have remotely the allure of links of London for the super rich - which is what you have to be to treat a football club as a plaything.