Forest v Swans | Vital Football

Forest v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Forest v Swans Sat 30 April 15:00
It’s the penultimate game of the season and it couldn’t be tougher. Forest are on a roll with Steve Cooper in charge and could snatch an auto-spot off Bournemouth after winning away at Fulham on Tuesday night.
They have an outstanding home record and were last beaten 0-1 by Huddersfield on 30 Dec, 10 home matches and four months ago.
Forest last 6 home:
WWWWWW F17 A1
We are capable of surmounting this challenge though, beating Millwall 3 weeks ago on their own patch for their only home defeat in the last 10 matches.
Swans last 6 away:
WLWWWD F14 A7
Forest’s success is not only based on an excellent defensive record, they score plenty of goals as well.
Let’s hope Cabango is fit for this one after going off injured Tuesday night. “Russell Martin is hopeful it won't keep the Wales international sidelined ahead of Saturday's trip to Nottingham Forest.”

Another embarrassing second half collapse.
Stubborn head-coach picks the same small defenders that couldn’t defend high balls last match. No surprise second half hat trick for big forward and ex-Swan Surridge. How naive.

With 29% possession Forest have scored 5 goals, had 26 shots with 16 on target.
This guy will relegate us next season, transition my arris

Swans: Andy Fisher, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning, Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (c), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Cameron Congreve, Michael Obafemi.
Subs: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Nathanael Ogbeta, Kyle Joseph.

To my mind we are at a crossroads here. Do we let Martin further dismantle the squad, sell our best players and bring in players he thinks will fit his system of play, that’s assuming the owners will release any funds, or do we let him go as we did with Cooper.
Will we be in a continuous transition phase every season as managers come and go?
It’s obvious the present system is not working, and with the comparatively low standard of players he’ll be allowed to buy with a constrained budget it’s not going to work either, ask MK Dons.
We are not a Man City or a Liverpool who can buy the top players capable of playing this unique style, so what’s the point?
I’ve enjoyed the attacking football and the goals scored but I haven’t enjoyed the suicidal passing out from the back and the weak defending that’s made us the joke side of the Championship.
The aim surely is to get back to the PL, which looks a distant dream and is inching further away as each season passes.
Will we ever get back there anyway with these parsimonious owners unwilling to speculate, preferring to see their vast fortunes lose interest daily in their bank accounts in the present climate.