Forest v Swans | Vital Football

Forest v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
It was a controversial end to the Sheffield Wednesday match this week, where ref Andy Woolmer angered both players and coach by ignoring hand ball appeals and disallowing Palmers goal from an overhead kick in a goalmouth melee. Instead he gave a free kick to Wednesday for a foul on their goalkeeper when replays showed no Swans player near him. Ayew was booked for protesting the decision and Steve Cooper said afterwards-
“It was a performance I predicted from the official and one that I spoke to the governing body about a few days ago. My prediction was right. One thing was for sure, that, whatever the decision was, it was not going to us. It's personal unfortunately.
There were a few warning signs with the appointment, and maybe my gripe isn't just with the performance on the pitch. Maybe it's with how he came to be here. I don't want to say too much, because we know who loses in these situations, and it's me and the club with a fine.”

Sunday midday we play Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.
On 6 October 2020 the highly experienced Chris Hughton was appointed manager of Nottingham Forest following Sabri Lamouchi’s sacking. His first game in charge was a 1-0 win away at Blackburn on 17 October and his record to date is 3 won 3 drawn 3 lost.
Forest had a busy summer transfer window, bringing in a total of 14 new players, including Harry Arter (Bournemouth), Scott McKenna
(Aberdeen), and Anthony Knockaert (Fulham loan).
Forest update on player availability is that Gaetan Bong and Luke Freeman are both injured. Joe Worrall, Tyler Blackett, Samba Sow, Lewis Grabban and Michael Dawson are back in training after injury as they continue their recovery.
For the Swans, Viktor Gyokeres and Jordon Garrick have returned to training, having completed a period of self-isolation following positive Covid-19 tests and are back in contention.
We continue to manage the fitness of Andre Ayew and Marc Guehi following their hamstring injuries and both could be involved at The City Ground.

Form Guide last 6 games
Forest (Home): LLDDWW F7 A7 8pts
Swans (Away): WWDDDL F6 A4 9pts

Last edited:
Nottingham Forest: Brice Samba, Cyrus Christie, Tobias Figueiredo, Yuri Ribeiro, Jack Colback (captain), Sammy Ameobi, Miguel Guerrero, Ryan Yates, Scott McKenna, Anthony Knockaert, Lyle Taylor.

Substitutes: Jordan Smith, Loic Mbe Soh, Carl Jenkinson, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Joe Lolley, Harry Arter, Nicolas Ioannou, Will Swan.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Jordon Garrick, Ben Cabango, Kasey Palmer, Liam Cullen, Wayne Routledge, Viktor Gyokeres, Yan Dhanda.

Forest 0 - Swans 1
Possession: 49% - 51%
Shots: 13 - 13
On target: 1 - 3
Corners: 6 - 8
Fouls: 17 - 12
Cards: 4Y - 2 Y

Steve Cooper:
“Forest are a good team; I know their league position doesn’t say that at the moment, but I think their squad is one of the strongest on paper in terms of experience and resources. You have to respect that, which we did.
While respecting that, we also came here to win. All of our body language and motivational wording was around that. So to go and deliver a performance like that is really, really good.
I’d have liked us to go on and score two or maybe three. The way we started the second half, I thought we could get the second goal but when that didn’t happen, you naturally give up some territory and have to do a bit of defending.
Freddie made an excellent save in the first half; I don’t think we should ignore that. We know he’s an excellent shot-stopper but apart from that, I don’t think he was really threatened.”