Forest V QPR - Match Thread Sponsored by The Cods Scallops | Vital Football

Forest V QPR - Match Thread Sponsored by The Cods Scallops

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
Aitor Karanka’s has managed us to make the deadzone that is the City Ground a bit of a fortress this season. We have only been beaten twice at home all season, winning five. We have won five of our 11 home league matches (four draws, two losses), although we somehow managed to lose our last one on our own turf (1-0 to Preston).

No side in England’s second tier have drawn more league games than us this season, with the Reds picking up 11 draws so far after a 0-0 stalemate away at Derby last week. Four of those draws have come at the City Ground.

Schteve McClaren’s QPR have been in patchy form of late, but they did claim an excellent 2-1 win over Middlesbrough at Loftus Road last weekend. I like to see Boro lose, just because of Britt and his “God brought me here” line when he left us. You must have been one naughty c*** to take you to that shi****e. Prior to that, Rangers had gone four league games without a win, drawing with Stoke and Rotherham (both 2-2), and losing to Hull City (3-2) and current leaders Leeds (2-1). The Londoners sit 13th in the table at present, with five points separating them from the top six. Let’s widen the gap and send Brolly Bollocks home empty handed.

Karanka will be looking for a response from his players at the City Ground this weekend.

QPR’s last three defeats have been by a one-goal margin. Three of Nottingham Forest's five home wins have been 1-0 triumphs and a solitary goal could settle this one too, so back just one goal to be scored in the hosts' favour. However, Grabban and Lolley have had their goal rest now and need to get going again, so this is the ideal opportunity to wallop a few in.

There were a staggering 11 goals scored in the two league fixtures between Nottingham Forest and QPR last season. Forest won 4-0 at home before winning 5-2 at Loftus Road in the reverse league match.

When I walked the pooch this morning it was very mild. He did his morning motions without any steam evident which is surely an omen for a win? The one boo I did make was not having my coffee in my City Ground Faithful mug. It’s a bit of a ritual but the missus made it this morning and delivered it in my foux da fas fas mug the bitch.

I would love to hear some noise down the ground today and get the lads going from the whistle. Sadly you will probably be able to hear AC in Trap 2 slurping away for 90 minutes.

I reckon we will muller them

4-0 is my prediction

This particular thread was bought to you by the Cods Scallops. Theyre battering nobby greens lads. Fill your boots. I know I will!!
COYRS.jpg
Fill your boots. I know I will!!

Favourite memory of QPR at the cg was seeing that little **** left back (was it hunt?) getting visibly pissed off when the ground gave him 'where's ur caravan, ****, ****'

Happy days.

Think today is another don't care about performance, just the pts please

How can you have a match thread on QPR at home without mentioning that they have never won at the CG in any competition in 84 years of playing each other? That run is heading towards 40 matches now.

This is their 'biggest' away game of the season because of that. Some QPR fans are at the stage of going to this one every time just so they can say they were there when they finally won here.

I have a bad feeling about this one. All good records have to end eventually.

McClaren has got them playing very well. To be where they are now after the start they had shows they have probably been playing better and picking up better results than we have recently.

They are really good in the air and have goalscorers all over the pitch, which is our big weakness. Stop Grabban, stop Lolley and chances are you'll keep a clean sheet against forest. McClaren will have had them using their two day rest advantage to drill them on how to do just that. With no Dawson as well there is an excellent chance that they are going to score at least one header and if they score first I don't think we'll ever get back in the game.

I'm going 2-0 to QPR with a headed goal in both halves

Pretty good stuff Apollyon, I might add also that we haven't had too many goals scored against us either. Not including Villa.

And for once I don't agree with Popey, it's ours to take.

Pretty good stuff Apollyon, I might add also that we haven't had too many goals scored against us either. Not including Villa.

And for once I don't agree with Popey, it's ours to take.
Of course it's ours to take. We have better players than them.

But welcome to the championship. Preston have provided a blueprint that every team outside of the top six will follow

How can you have a match thread on QPR at home without mentioning that they have never won at the CG in any competition in 84 years of playing each other? That run is heading towards 40 matches now.
s

It will be YOU doing the next thread. We will see how you get on with that won't we? Well? Won't we? Answer me now? Thought so

Well the leg end that is Prutts has us for a 2-0 win and who am I to argue?

Be interesting to see what the back line is.

Fig in for Heff and Geddy in for Jacob, looks to be a more attacking line up keeping Janko as a more attacking option.

Hefele dropped for Figueiredo. Geddy for Yacob. Unchanged otherwise

Against an excellent aerial side it makes zero sense to drop your only decent available aerial performer.

Trying out a completely new CB pairing for absolutely no reason against a good side is also arrogant and unnecessary.

I am concerned.

"like to see Boro lose, just because of Britt and his “God brought me here” line when he left us. You must have been one naughty c*** to take you to that shi****e. "

lol

you reds

ffs. it was half coming.
hopefully we will see some of ansarifad after the break. we are still toothless

Going to have to up it 2nd half, they came here to stop us and pick up something from a set piece. Dias for Ozzy get the pace down that flank, maybe even go 2 up top.