Forest V Preston - Match Thread. Sponsored by ACs proctologist | Page 3 | Vital Football

Forest V Preston - Match Thread. Sponsored by ACs proctologist

Only problem first half was Grabban setting up the chances instead of being the one putting them away. Cash might easily have had a hat trick but it really was one of those days.

When the ball finally did drop for us it fell to Lolley outside the box and he blazed over. By then it was clear we'd get nothing from the game. So frustrating when a win would have put us right up there.

Preston were organised at the back but did very little apart from roll around feigning injury to waste time.

Shit happens & we didn’t take our chances.

Im not one for scapegoating but Pantz distribution was particularly woeful today.

Nob End fans celebrating like they’d won the league when they scored was a bit odd as well.

I was worried from the word go today with Robinson and hefele in the center and osborn left back . Dawson is a big miss for his leadership and organization. very interesting to see who karanka brings in during the January window . Goncalves might as well just go home if he can't get in the squad now . Send dias back as well he's crap.

I didn't think anyone was that bad today , it just didn't quite click for some reason.
Pantz kicking is shite though . Is he wearing traditional Romanian folk slippers or something ?

opanak.jpg

Carvalho is a luxury. simple as that. Id play him in midfield if he has to play and ansarifad in the fron two. we need more goals every way we look at it

Keep watching their goal.....my 3 year old grandson would have put man and ball over the line for at least a corner ...Cash was powder puff and basically gave up ....you have to switch on for 90 mins...and it cost us....

Thought we played well first half, created some really good opportunities and played some good football. Just couldn’t take those chances. I actually thought Carvalho played well in that first half. Defence looked shaky though, definitely miss Dawson’s leadership and organisation.
Second half pretty poor.
Personally, I think playing two out and out defensive midfielders, at home, is a mistake. It’s not a bad tactic away, but at home, with the onus on us to score and break teams down, we need more drive and creativity.
Geddy should have been playing alongside one them. For me, I think he and Yacob would make an excellent partnership at home.
This is not a criticism of either Yacob or Colback, as I thought both played well and are very good at what they do. I just think at home, it’s the wrong tactic.
Preston were really poor for me and that was a huge opportunity missed. Personally I think that’s the end of any realistic automatic promotion hope. Can’t see us stringing together a really good winning streak to push us back into contention. It’s all about the playoffs now.

It's one bad result, don't start jabbing the seasons over button yet. We all know this leagues full of odd results it's normally the teams who avoid them most go up, we haven't had too many yet we've also just hit a bump with so many cb's out of action (shite timing with the sheep coming up), we need to graft through this period get to January and see what they do with ins and outs.

we had some good moves in the first half but could see our defence was shaky when they attacked.

Leeds have won 5 on the bounce..Norwich did the same ...hopefully Direby won't get on such a run....but that's what you need..we've won 2 on the bounce only once this season.... no consistency no result...we need a run of wins somewhere along this season... just to keep in the playoffs

We've been win one draw one which can get us in the mix, but we do need a string of wins at some point 3 or so would be nice. The CB issue came at the wrong time with the Xmas period upon us, hopefully fox is back soon and fig can avoid any more suspensions.

It's one bad result, don't start jabbing the seasons over button yet. We all know this leagues full of odd results it's normally the teams who avoid them most go up, we haven't had too many yet we've also just hit a bump with so many cb's out of action (shite timing with the sheep coming up), we need to graft through this period get to January and see what they do with ins and outs.

I didn’t say it was over. I said I thought we’d shot automatic, but playoffs still up for grabs, which would be a huge improvement on last season. So don’t put words in my mouth!
I don’t see us putting together a winning run, in the same way Norwich etc have done, which we will need to do, as I don’t see them having too many slip ups.

Nothing is out of bounds from 1st to about 16th, my money is on somewhere between 4th-8th.

I think we will strengthen in January and I'd hope that we do find that consistency we've lacked, coupled with a bit of luck on & off the pitch.

Long way to go yet and lots of very evenly matched sides.

Interesting you say we will strengthen? Villa ourselves and Leeds are apparently after everyone in the northern hemisphere yet Villa must be under FFP????? and will have to sell to buy and Leeds are struggling for cash as their chairs media company is in difficulties. Derby and Boro must be close to max finances allowed.Norwich could but don't appear to have the will. I would say only WBA and Stoke have any real financial manoeuvrability due to parachute. Apart from ourselves due to being under FFP embargo for 2 years. (Fawaz master plan).