Forest V Preston - Match Thread. Sponsored by ACs proctologist | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest V Preston - Match Thread. Sponsored by ACs proctologist

well. how deflating. dont think we did that much wrong overall but lost impetus second half. what would we have done differently? Ans instead of Murph?. Prob should get our players like Darikwa to just hit the penalty spot every single cross, cos he tried everything without finding a man.
but heyho. Just one of those games, saving it for the win at prideless. you reds

One of them days, they smash and grabbed it we didn't take advantage of our chances.
how many real clear-cut chances tho? did the keeper make a save? is grabban gonna get 40 goals? cos Carvalho is gonna struggle to get 6. is our firepower enough? Ive said no a few times but weve done well but still feel we cant rely on one striker

Very poor second half...Preston played the perfect away game...subs...were crap...why changing Cash with Diaz?...its not as if Cash was playing badly...the player that should have been replaced was The Carv...nd not with the ineffective Diaz...only realy decent chance was Murphys header for the rest for all the possession we had we didn't really create any clear cut chances...points list today r going to be costly especially if we lose again v Derby...from 5th in a couple of weeks time we might find ourselves in midtable...hard games ahead of us...this was the last of the so called easy games...but Forest dont do easy games...

We've all seen games like this, classic championship smash n grab which is always painful to be on the end of. Just have to put it behind us as we have much tougher games on the horizon.

What really pisses me off is that the sheep seem to be riding their luck (again) while our defensive injuries have left us vulnerable, just in time to play them.

It'll be hard to make the playoffs, I expect plenty of teams like Villa, Stoke and Swansea to continue to improve, and those closer to us aren't going to fall away easily. Not sure we can keep the pace this season but we are still headed in the right direction at least.

Really disappointing because of how good our position would have been with a win and because Derby have once again been handed beneficial refereeing decisions.

But this sort of result just happens.

Go back three years and we did to to Karanka's Middlesbrough.

Smash and grab is perfectly legitimate, we do it as well and it's up to the home side to find the goals. For the first time this season we didn't manage to find a goal in this situation.

Just one of those things. We now need more unlikely results against Derby and Norwich. I wouldn't bet against us actually

Cold wet and pissed off after that.

Pants kicking again was poor. Time wasting and hitting same area every time. Grabban had no support . Preston were poor but could see was going to be one of those days. Disappointing .

Mugged.
They didn't deserve a draw let alone a win.
Just wouldn't drop for us in the box today.
Think we could still be playing and not scored.
Just one of those days.
Fuck all credit to Preston though as they were shite and time wasting all the time.
We'll finish well above them.

Shit away fans as well.
PNE only song i heard them sing.
Then those twats on the pitch with the smoke bomb.
Chav *****.

The main problem today was a lack of quality in the final third. Sure we mostly dominated the game but time and again our crossing or final ball was appalling. There was a lack of quality in this area.

When do we put in a decent cross, even from corners? Our delivery is poor.

I this first half we played quite well, to a degree, but couldn't find that final pass or the ball would drop to a PNE player.

Then the inevitable; PNE grabbed a goal........

Meh, one of those days. Annoying thing is Preston were shite and there to be beaten; wasn't like Norwich where we were just beaten by the better team.

But we haven't lost in a long time so can't complain too much. Best way to respond will be with a win at Derby.

Fairly good in the first half, but didn't take the chances. Grabbs had a great run, rolled a ball across that I could have put in, but he's the only one with the instinct to be in the right place.
Yet again the performance dropped in the second half, and we didn't really liven up until after they'd score.
A game we should have won really, and probably deserved too (slightly).

First half should have been at least 2 nil up, absolute rubbish 2nd half. If you cannot beat a team like Preston at home then you ain't going up. Every time that Pants kicked the ball they won every header. Absolute rubbish. Need to get our act together for the Derby game. God, it was so frustrating to watch.

I fear for us against derby with today's back 5. Carvalho was poor today on a wet cold day v Preston.