Forest v Millwall | Page 17 | Vital Football

Forest v Millwall

Agree with most of that the only thing is the "if we can keep the squad together". I don't think there's any chance of that happening at least 1 of the "star turns" will go in an attempt to finance the addressing of the problems you highlight, and that is probably acceptable provided the money generated is wisely invested, the problems will really start if we try to cash in on more than one or if others decide the grass may be greener elsewhere and start agitating for moves and the squad disintegrates all together.
Brentford do it most seasons, last season they sold Neil Maupay their top scorer and look where they are this season so with sensible purchases you see it can be done.

If we dont get promoted, probably Sabri will remain...but will be gone by Christmas...rarely you get more then a season from an over achieving group of players ... it happened before and will happen again ...

Now I've calmed down, here's my 4p's worth.

Lolley's final ball is almost always poor, leaving us open to counter-attacks. Ironically, it was a pass from Carvalho (cut out before it reached Grabban) that led to their first goal, after Carvalho looked lively early on. He hardly saw the ball after that, though.

First two goals came from breaks down our right with Cash caught upfield. Semedo doesn't provide much cover.

Watson might be tiring as the season wears on. Ameobi's injury has taken the edge off his game (may also apply to Lolley and Grabban).

Our solid defence suddenly looks fragile, especially against big strikers. Even Samba looks flawed.

For all the talk of overachievement, Forest are a good side who have beaten most of their rivals already. I'm hoping it's just a blip and they can at least make the playoffs so the season doesn't fizzle out.

One of the big differences when Sow is in the team is that he covers the width of the pitch, protecting our full-backs and really stopping the easy kind of crosses that Millwall were able to manage on Friday. You can draw a triangle between the full-backs, and the centre of the pitch, and that's where Sow wins the ball.

Watson and Cash are considerably worse without him. We still struggle going forwards with him in the team, but I don't think we've lost a home game that Sow has been involved in (not completely sure on that, I just can't recall one myself). We've seen how thin our squad is since the Charlton match, with none of the replacements proving adequate.

In terms of the match, we were awful. Millwall looked good, but they came into the match having won 1 of their previous 8 matches. The Nottingham Forest charity is open for business as usual, and the expectation from here is that we'll charitably capitulate, either in the play-offs, or by not making them at all. Results have gone our way, and as few as 9 points from our remaining matches could yet be enough.

We have the capability to make even the worst teams look good been going on for years and shows no sign of changing

Also we've made the better teams look ordinary, must be a mental block to be able to turn over a side like Leeds then be unable to do anything against teams like Millwall.

I know Wednesday are shit and haven't won in months but they are going to give us one almighty dicking.

Still playing a system to accomadate watson, a near 40 year old who covers 2miles a game and whos best dayscwere like 6 years ago. hes an extra defender, even, and especially at home. Quite pathetic really despite his experience. All this talk of supporting our youngsters when yates could have done watsons job plus a lot more and be instrumental by now.

Still playing a system to accomadate watson, a near 40 year old who covers 2miles a game and whos best dayscwere like 6 years ago. hes an extra defender, even, and especially at home. Quite pathetic really despite his experience. All this talk of supporting our youngsters when yates could have done watsons job plus a lot more and be instrumental by now.
You are the Boris Johnson of this forum.

The whole world sees one thing.

Paz "knows" the opposite

You must watch a different game to everyone else - Yates, may well turn out to be a key player for Forest in the future, but he is not even close to the level that Watson is or has been playing at.

I'd rather we play Bostock than Yates & if fit, definitely Sow is ahead of Yates, but Watson - will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Watson is arguably one of the most transformed players under SL. Yes his legs are all but gone but if you have the brain and the right players around you then speed of thought and quality is more important than just running around and we already know he is the best communicator in the team...

Watson has been an integral part of us being where we are and, as has been said elsewhere, is one of the first names on the team sheet .

Watson is arguably one of the most transformed players under SL. Yes his legs are all but gone but if you have the brain and the right players around you then speed of thought and quality is more important than just running around and we already know he is the best communicator in the team...

Watson has been an integral part of us being where we are and, as has been said elsewhere, is one of the first names on the team sheet .

Exactly - Watson has also scored some crucial goals and his passing is far too superior to that of Ryan Yates.