Forest v Derby Match thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Forest v Derby Match thread

Good on you. Fantastic charity. They supported my little boy when he was younger and Mrs Pope used to work for them

They need 250k per year just to survive. That supports 100 families I believe. I support 1 of them and do the auctions. Ive got 2 framed signed Psycho shirts as well from them

I feel quite positive, because of the way Hughton changed things at half-time and the period of play after Knockaert came on - although we couldn’t maintain it.

We have a manager who knows what he’s doing and whilst there is an emphasis on a solid defensive shape, the good bits of football we’ve played for periods in his three games don’t suggest to me he is a overly defensive manager - as some of the more negative comments from supporters of his previous clubs were pointing out. The passing for that period after half time was a lot crisper and more positive than anything I’ve seen recently from Forest. I fully expect those good periods of play to increase as he settles in.

I thought Yates and Ameobi were good. I didn’t think Arter had a great game but I think he’s going to be important this season in setting the tempo.

Samba guessed he'd go over the wall that little step stopped him getting to it, to be fair it kissed the bar if it wasn't so accurate he'd have tipped it over.

We have definitely missed him but I doubt his legs would cope with how we are playing at the moment.

The extra work involved in playing in a more forward position would probably finish him off.

His legs were never an issue last year and I doubt they'll be this year. We agree that his presence on the pitch is missed and for me is a factor behind our poor start.

Utterly embarrassing. Pre match seemed to be all about them.

Pundits were Michael Johnson, who was so non partisan he used "we" to describe Derby and "Wagsy" for Waghorn.

Recognised the other bloke but can't remember his name, but he certainly had fuck all connection to forest that I know of
The SSN highlights only showed our goal but about 6 attempts for them including when Lawrence dived to try and get a pen.
So biased.
Ended up a fairly even game but looked like we got battered on their showing.

He's trying different things 442 is a no go unless the other team are perhaps playing it, few players weren't at it as well last night Lolley and Grabban both totally ineffective. Next game I'd go Freeman for Grabban and knocky for Lolley, it was only Ameobi who was causing them problems be good to have both flanks doing it.
442 is fine if you put the work in

a lot of last night we looked uninterested and static

I would like to see us stop giving the soft & unnecessary free kicks away around our box. Why can't they do what everyone else does & commit those fouls further up the pitch & therefore nip opposition attacks in the bud
Because our fame management and reading of the game is very poor

I used to refer to Harry McGuire as a beast when I first saw him but I agree the term has its issues for people who don’t know how widespread it’s use can be.

McKenna is very definitely a ‘unit’ though and alongside Yates has been our best player so far.

I would be happy with either of them as captain although i also wouldn’t mind them just concentrating on playing. You don’t need an armband to be a leader.

With Worrall, McKenna, Yates and Soh we have possibly got our next few big sales lined up but hopefully we get some use first.

Happy to pile in on the mckenna love in. Its depressing to learn more terms that were meant as compliments are being used as racial insults tho.

I wasnt unhappy with the defence last season but the overhaul works imo. And yes for £3m he looks an absolute steal.