Forest v crewe | Page 3 | Vital Football

Forest v crewe

I know this is not based on anything resembling rational thought, but I have a hunch we won't go down this season.

So, Johnson scores from a goalkeeping error and then a lovely strike.

We just need him to sign a contract. As I've been saying, there is no point building a team around him only to develop someone else's player for the future.

Really poor goals to concede, but I don't think that's a particular worry. We haven't learned anything about Bong or Samba there that we didn't already know.

Did not go today but my brother went; he reckons Johnson was excellent, Lolley getting back to his best, Gabriel very good again, in fact the whole back four was solid in the first half, Yates and Colback were solid with Colback playing more in the box to box role and looking good.

Mighten disappointed and Bong was shocking.

The team lost all of its composure once the changes were made in the second half
I only got to read articles on it unfortunately but was pleased to read that Lolley and Johnson were firing. If Gabriel is showing promise that is also good news as is Colback bring back - for all his limitations.

Soh was always going to be limited at left back but may be useful as a back up right back.

If Gabriel and Johnson step up and Soh starts to get some game time then that is no bad thing at all. There is still going to be a way to go but hopefully it won’t be so difficult…

Not sure Samba could have done much about the second - looks like a good shot curled just inside the far post.

Bong certainly did little to prevent either goal.

So, Johnson scores from a goalkeeping error and then a lovely strike.

We just need him to sign a contract. As I've been saying, there is no point building a team around him only to develop someone else's player for the future.

You thought he wasnt good enough, not sure thats the same as suggesting we cant build a team around him, cos hes obviously so good he will get bought by someone better

You thought he wasnt good enough, not sure thats the same as suggesting we cant build a team around him, cos hes obviously so good he will get bought by someone better
I have never once said Johnson wasn't good enough

I have only seen him play once live

I have said he needs a bit more physicality for the Championship

So two games next Week before ko. Villa won’t be bringing their strongest team but should be a reasonable standard. CH must have clarified some of his thinking but other issues remain.

Gabriel looks good and has to be pencilled in for Coventry. As does two CB. Leaves LB where all problems lie. Does he go Richardson, Mbe Soh or Bong. He obviously hopes he has an addition to solve that problem but in mean time?

Two defensive midfield has a variety of options. Pick any two from Colback, Fornah, Yates, Cafu. If Forest do get Garner we can assume Man U will be keeping him till they have to name their squad. Thus v Cov it is any permutation one likes. Feel Yates starts but the other position is to fight for v Villa and Burnley.

Upfront Johnson, and Mighten have laid down markers with goals and Lolley had some good touches.

Feel CH will experiment with players a bit v Villa but is likely to be playing mainly the starting 11 v Burnley will be the shape and personnel v Cov. Be nice to have some new faces but it maybe some more weeks yet before we see any. Hope not.

I'm going to the Burnley game if any of you pseud fucks fancy a pint

Last edited:
Out of interest what would u say if we had lost 2-0?

I am hoping your reverse popeisms will see us smash it this year.
I wouldn't have said anything, just as I didn't say anything when we conceded two

These are fitness games.

Even if we beat Villa or Burnley, or lose both heavily, it won't make any real difference to my opinion