Forest v Charlton match thread | Vital Football

Forest v Charlton match thread

The Poacher

Vital Squad Member
Predicted a forest win against Leeds, gonna go down the same route 3 v 1 to the reds. Still keeping it simple, another win. :bow:

Teams down the bottom at home. We struggled v Barnsley and Wigan. We dropped points v Boro and Reading, when they were in bottom 6. We struggled in first half against Luton. No one have we dominated and put to bed. Let’s play a strong team, get a big lead. Then rest a few and coast it. Don’t under estimate Charlton. Bowyer will have them up for the fight. Look what happened to Kieron Dyer.

I'd go with Da Costa & Walker up front as a two with two wingers in a 4-4-2, we needto do something different with teams that don't play to our strengths.

Line up might be interesting, few were shattered and with wba Saturday lamouchi will have to consider a few squad players tonight.

Line up might be interesting, few were shattered and with wba Saturday lamouchi will have to consider a few squad players tonight.

aye, suspect Diakhabi will get his 1st start, Walker & Da Costa too & mayve even see Bong & Jenkinson in the starting 11.

Woukld be loathed to change the two centre backs & we look lost without Sow.

There is also the weekend to consider. Imo it will be a bit of a grind and we do need to see some squad players come and earn a crust.

Would love me to be wrong, see the same team out to start, 3 goals in the first half and then rest those that need a rest. One or two did look knackered but amazing what a win can do for hungry players. Sabz will call it.

can sow play a few games a week? not sure he can . looking forward to seeing the team tonight.

Sows knee has those stuck on supports, he's clearly got some sort of strain so would be a bit of a risk to play him tonight after the effort he put in Saturday. Most likely be Yates in with watson, although Watson could do with a rest as well.

Even at our best we could still easily lose against West Brom so we need to make sure we win tonight. Of the two games, this should be our bread and butter game against so-called lesser opposition but we need to treat Charlton with respect and make sure we do the business tonight.

It’d be just typical of Forest to fook this up after such a great performance on Saturday. Charlton are on a terrible run and will be short on confidence, they’d almost certainly take a draw right now. Be nice to get an early goal to coax them out and hopefully hit em on the break like we do so well. I’d love to see a dominant 3 or 4-0 victory but suspect we’ll see out another nervy affair by the odd goal.

It’d be just typical of Forest to fook this up after such a great performance on Saturday. Charlton are on a terrible run and will be short on confidence, they’d almost certainly take a draw right now. Be nice to get an early goal to coax them out and hopefully hit em on the break like we do so well. I’d love to see a dominant 3 or 4-0 victory but suspect we’ll see out another nervy affair by the odd goal.

I'd take a draw right now as it would be typical Forest to fuck this up.

Too many changes will be disruptive, yes you'd like the squad players involved but not at the risk of not getting a result, from a team that is on a roll.

We function better because we play as a team and whilst a few may need a rest, Sow & possibly Lolley & Grabban, 3 points tonight is arguably more important than the result against WBA.

I have just read that Sabri is considering changes. Can’t see back 5 being changed much but Bong might get a run out. Watson can play 2 games a week. Has done it all his life. Sow I think has to be rested. Could put him on bench if we are struggling with 30 to go. Think it is the front four that we will see the biggest changes. Plenty of options. Walker could get an hour with both De Costa and Grabban on bench. Bring one on depending on situation. Diakhaby could start but so could Mighten and Johnson. I don’t know. In Sabri we trust.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lolley is rested tonight with Ameobi and Diakhaby playing since neither played the full game on Saturday. It's tough to call as you don't want to disrupt things too much as every game is as important as another at this stage but we have a few players on the bench that could do a decent job.

How about this for front four. Unlikely but possible. Diakhaby, Johnson, Mighten and striker Walker. All very young but real pace.

Sows knee has those stuck on supports, he's clearly got some sort of strain so would be a bit of a risk to play him tonight after the effort he put in Saturday. Most likely be Yates in with watson, although Watson could do with a rest as well.

I'd love him to prove me wrong but I really do lose confidence when I see Yates in the team. I rarely see him do anything other than plod around the middle of the pitch, always 10-15 yards away from the play.

I hope he can find some sort of form and prove himself to be useful. He looked pretty good when he first broke into the team last season so I keep telling myself there is a player there somewhere.