Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread.

We absolutely did not deserve to win that, not even close. I'm not sure we deserved to lose though.

Hughton is having to try to find the right balance as SL did between us carrying more threat and being more vulnerable.

Today there was much better passing and movement, probably the most threat we've shown all season.

But we were also incredibly vulnerable against a side unlikely to be in the top half come season end. They could easily have had 5...

Knockeart lacks discipline and Christie isn't remotely good enough to cover him. Which leaves the team horribly unbalanced and our midfielders and center backs getting pulled out of position.

Colback looks a shadow of Watson, and the likes of Freeman who we had high hopes for just aren't performing at all.

This is where a good manager earns his corn...

Yup.

9 out of the 12 teams we've played currently sit in the bottom half of the table, with us only having played 1 top 6 team.

We've looked shit against shit sides. I doubt we're suddenly gonna start thrashing the best ones.

Yup.

9 out of the 12 teams we've played currently sit in the bottom half of the table, with us only having played 1 top 6 team.

We've looked shit against shit sides. I doubt we're suddenly gonna start thrashing the best ones.
Last season we played considerably better against the top sides, got to hope we can do that this season or we will be in for a bumpy ride.

For me it’s fine margins; if there hadn’t been the international break, we’d have won that game 2-0. There was the international break though.

our squad is good enough to be up there, even Colin accepts that, our problem is again we are in transition & Hughz doesn’t know his best 11. You can see it with the subz he clearly should’ve changed things but he doesn’t know

For me it’s fine margins; if there hadn’t been the international break, we’d have won that game 2-0. There was the international break though.

our squad is good enough to be up there, even Colin accepts that, our problem is again we are in transition & Hughz doesn’t know his best 11. You can see it with the subz he clearly should’ve changed things but he doesn’t know
I disagree we needed the international break to work on things. And I believe we saw improvement today.

We were never going to go up this year. Let's hope CH gets time to build for a proper go next season.

not sure colback played a forward pass the entire game, yates, as much as ive defended him is still inexperienced and not gonna create a lot. Sows win rateis like 90% and he's not in, seems black n white to swap em.. I stil insist we need 5 in the middle and i believe BJ should have be the creative one between say Sow n Yates but for now Artur.
Soh, Mckenna, Woz back 3 by new year.

We will never go anywhere unless the club actually get a decent recruitment strategy. We got 15mill for cash and for the most past wasted it.

Well ORF's shot his load. Who's doing the Bournemouth Fred?

Not me, I've stuffed it good and proper. I've had a very busy and tiring day so am only just reading this thread and it's 7.30 PM here. I was able to get a couple of quick checks earlier from a good source and both gave Forest a pretty good rap in spite of losing. It's obvious to me that our new manager has to change some fundamental things in this side and in my opinion he's going the right way about it. It's a pity he wasn't able to bring in some of his own players. It looks as though it will be next season before we see a decent improvement, that's assuming he's still here, with our owner and his brigade we'll never know.

I think that talk of relegation is a mistake.

Please don't hold it against me AC.

Not me, I've stuffed it good and proper. I've had a very busy and tiring day so am only just reading this thread and it's 7.30 PM here. I was able to get a couple of quick checks earlier from a good source and both gave Forest a pretty good rap in spite of losing. It's obvious to me that our new manager has to change some fundamental things in this side and in my opinion he's going the right way about it. It's a pity he wasn't able to bring in some of his own players. It looks as though it will be next season before we see a decent improvement, that's assuming he's still here, with our owner and his brigade we'll never know.

I think that talk of relegation is a mistake.

Please don't hold it against me AC.

I think we are better than relegation material, but also think the radio Nottingham commentators overegged how well we played. Our midfielders allowed Barnsley three chances to hit the woodwork by not closing them down. Guerrero (known as Aguero by Brian Laws !) had two chances, but as usual overall we created little. Too many of our team (especially Colback and Yates) want to pass backwards, and we struggle to create or beat a player.

Enjoyed the first half , when two teams passed the ball around and looked like they could create something, but thought in the second half we let things slip and went back to our normal stuff. See how we go against sterner opposition.

Last season we played considerably better against the top sides, got to hope we can do that this season or we will be in for a bumpy ride.

Hopefully.

But last season we played as spoilers, and bought other teams down to our level very well. I'm not sure we can do that as well this year with so much defensive quality missing (Cash, Watson, Sow, Worrall, Dawson etc.)

Part of me thinks we need to get the most out of having 15+ goal/season strikers on the books instead.

Just got back lads

After reflection on a result that left me choking, we got exactly rhe opposite of what we needed- good performance but no result.

Its one of those games where u say- if we play like that, we will win more than we lose.

Attacking wise we were a million times better. We moved the ball well and movement off the ball was decent. LT working his balls off. I like angel but a bit like knockhart we need them at the top of their game.

Defensively we still look frail. 1st goal avoidable and 2nd goal just awful. It suggests the balance still not quite right. We were doing fine until the substitution imo.

Arter might start against Bournemouth, he hopefully has a bit of inside knowledge we can exploit.