Forest Green - The Truth will Out | Vital Football

Forest Green - The Truth will Out

Non-story. I don't believe it is a contractual requirement that the FGR players are vegan in the same manner that Desperate Dan has cow pie for every meal or IrnBru contains girders

There's a letter in this month's When Saturday Comes, from Cambridge, The Sustainable Catering Consultancy.
About how the PGR team dugout at their match in Cambridge was littered with empty single use plastic water bottles. As the compiler noted, ' maybe the UN need a note informing them of Plastics overuse of........plastic!?

Non-story. I don't believe it is a contractual requirement that the FGR players are vegan in the same manner that Desperate Dan has cow pie for every meal or IrnBru contains girders
I would disagree to the extent that their players were gathered for official club duty at the time of the meal so would argue that they are sending out one message about the club being vegan when engaged with club activities whilst doing something completely different. Is that any further removed say, than The Arch Bishop of Canterbury publicly criticising pay day loan companies whilst the C. of E. actually have indirect investment with said organisations. If you are going to preach and take the plaudits make sure your house is up to full scrutiny first.

The problem with the FGR stance is that you have to be damned sure your halo doesn't slip.

I would disagree to the extent that their players were gathered for official club duty at the time of the meal so would argue that they are sending out one message about the club being vegan when engaged with club activities whilst doing something completely different. Is that any further removed say, than The Arch Bishop of Canterbury publicly criticising pay day loan companies whilst the C. of E. actually have indirect investment with said organisations. If you are going to preach and take the plaudits make sure your house is up to full scrutiny first.

A spokesman for Forest Green Rovers said last night 'Following the game the players are in their own time and provide their own food post match.....we don't tell our players what to eat in their own time, like this occasion.'

Fair enough, surely?

I don't see what is wrong with being a part time vegan. It's just a choice surely? I am a part time veggie in that two days each week I don't eat meat. Would not go part time vegan, because I prefer dairy products, particularly milk and cheese, to the alternatives.

Last edited:
A spokesman for Forest Green Rovers said last night 'Following the game the players are in their own time and provide their own food post match.....we don't tell our players what to eat in their own time, like this occasion.'

Fair enough, surely?
Fair enough that the players do it certainly; hypocrisy on the part of Vince who garners much positive publicity for the club on the premise of veganism whilst in reality his players are all still gathered together as a collective of FGR meat munching. It doesn't matter but simply adds to my distaste about how Vince spins things which aren't necessarily how he would have them portrayed e.g. taking flights, using plastic bottles and this selective veganism. If he wants to be clean on veganism his policy for the players should be not on my premises, coach or any other tangible connection with FGR.