Forest Flag Joy | Vital Football

Forest Flag Joy

paz1967

Vital Football Legend
Music n Football, perhaps the 2 things I really miss about England and of the things that brings them together momentarily every year is Glastonbury and my annual party here at the farm watching it on screens and me searching for the Forest flag in the crowd.

This year I was struggling to find the flag, and a bit of a struggle at times with the invasion of 'pop'. One one hand sad that I cannot see the flag but on the other hand glad that the fellow reds aren't rocking along to Katy Perry.

Only one headliner for me this year.. Missed the live bit.. Got the video.. Liam Gallagher

Sound up, rocking it big style.... and there is the flag, a big fook off Garibaldi, tree embossed beauty

So a shout out to flag bearers, keep them waiving, sometimes you don't know the love you are sharing

Til I die

:108: :104: :141:

Sleaford Mods were there. Best band around bar SFA, so I'd hope there was one there. I still have to see their set, but they were introduced by Lord Buckethead, so bonus.

Have to disagree I think it's incredibly selfish & egotistical to take a flag & block all the people behind you from seeing something. I would never do it obviously but imagine you've had a heavy night the night before so are feeling a bit ropey have turned up late but want to watch a band & some bellend has decided they badly need to bring a flag.

That said the Forest flag does seem to go to some decent bands.

pmsl trust you Woanz, i wasnt sure if you were still Mr negative between seasons. The flags are like 50 foot up the air man, to even think like you do all the time I find hilarious and I am sure would be quite interesting to a quack of some description. :3:

trickynumber5 - 25/6/2017 18:02

Sleaford Mods were there. Best band around bar SFA, so I'd hope there was one there. I still have to see their set, but they were introduced by Lord Buckethead, so bonus.

I think I just missed the intro but saw highlights of one track, yeah pretty punk old skool, good sound.. Only noticed the 2 of em tho, is it a full band?

shout out to mates and mates of mates n all that with my homies actually playing there this year too 'stone foundation'. Northern soul kinda sound

Woanz - 25/6/2017 17:38

Have to disagree I think it's incredibly selfish & egotistical to take a flag & block all the people behind you from seeing something. I would never do it obviously but imagine you've had a heavy night the night before so are feeling a bit ropey have turned up late but want to watch a band & some bellend has decided they badly need to bring a flag.

The flags tend to be 20ft from the floor so barely block anything.

LyttleByLyttle - 25/6/2017 19:18

Woanz - 25/6/2017 17:38

The flags tend to be 20ft from the floor so barely block anything.

Whereas people on shoulders is incredibly selfish and egotistical. Glasto not a patch on what it used to be.

paz1967 - 25/6/2017 18:44

trickynumber5 - 25/6/2017 18:02

I think I just missed the intro but saw highlights of one track, yeah pretty punk old skool, good sound.. Only noticed the 2 of em tho, is it a full band?

Yeah Paz. Jason vocals and Andrew does the music.
Andrew just basically presses play and chills out while Jason does the work.
For me there's nothing wrong with that, I mean he wrote and recorded all the parts. Why the fcuk should he pretend to be playing an instrument or twiddling pretend knobs like Norman Cook. That really pisses me off. I love honesty in music, and it doesn't get more honest.

AND I've got no time for Liam Gallagher or Foo Fighters. Sleafs and Kate Tempest are the most relevant acts there. That's what I enjoy.

I don't really watch live music but I tune into Glasto every year half the time I haven't a clue what I'm listening too but I do enjoy it

This years highlight for me was Ata Kak still haven't got a clue what the fook it was about but it was genius I loved it

My mates go and one of these years I should get off my backside and go with them

There was a couple of Forest Flags for the Jeremy Corbyn speech and they stayed after for the whole of The Run the Jewels set

First time people have ever been turned away from the Pyramid stage because of numbers

I've seen The Stones, The Killers, Radiohead, REM and even Dolly Parton on that stage

Getting 50,000 to 60,000 fans

They have NEVER had to turn people away until the Rockstar MP turned up..

Always a Forest flag their for some reason at the main events

Mark2310 - 25/6/2017 22:40

This years highlight for me was Ata Kak still haven't got a clue what the fook it was about but it was genius I loved it

:19: quality

Thats the thing tho innit, it is a great opportunity to do just that, hear some new sounds that you probably wouldn't have otherwise. In truth none of the headliners quite hit my spot, foo fighters, ed sheeran, the 'pop' bands n stuff, but there was some cool little acoustics and v talented kids. Even last night there was some young french girl, looked no more than 16 and i was like oh no, but it was cool , she was singing, mixing, playing instruments, yeahman.
Not to mention lots of unity and positivity this year whatever the music, which is kinda why the negative folk stand out even on these kinda posts

trickynumber5 - 25/6/2017 20:29

AND I've got no time for Liam Gallagher or Foo Fighters. Sleafs and Kate Tempest are the most relevant acts there. That's what I enjoy.

Love the Foos

Kate Tempest was incredible

Just listen to her words

:30: :30:

da fuq - 26/6/2017 18:31

trickynumber5 - 25/6/2017 20:29

Love the Foos

Kate Tempest was incredible

Just listen to her words

:30: :30:
I saw the Foo Fighters 11 years ago, and I think the only thing that's changed is Grohl's perm.