Forest defeat | Vital Football

Forest defeat

collioure_bee

Vital 1st Team Regular
So many questions about Saturday. Why does Smith continue to use the slow and unimpressive Bjellend in front of Barbet when he doesn't want Dean in the side? Bjellend always makes at least one mistake, often more, that drop us in the sh*t during a match and he has the turning circle of an Eddy Stobart lorry. Barbet puts in a good shift and his cross field balls give us another outlet to open the game up. Bjellend failed to close down their striker whose shot hit the post and the rebound was easily snapped up. I can't see Dean or Barbet just standing there in no man's land, much the same as the fourth. Of our four centre backs, I'd put him fourth choice every time.
Why is Colin left out? For me the most consistent player last season. Never lets you down, nothing spectacular but just constantly solid.
What is Vibe currently offering? Too easily knocked off the ball and not doing much yet. Watkins and Maupay came on and did more in their short time on than Vibe did in both matches so far. Thing is, he does get goals, but Saturday I can only remember one or two occasions when the ball was put to him and the attack didn't break down.
The smooth passing is missing this year and does Smith sing them a lullabye at half time? Southampton, Celta, Sheff Utd and now Forest we have come out second half fast abloodysleep.
I hope we see big changes for tomorrow, like I say, Barbet in for Bjellend, get Dean back and stop being so bloody minded, he won't let you down, start with Watkins with Vibe and work with two upfront, Vibe not good as lone striker. Sawyers has also earned a start, didn't put a foot wrong when he came on and he was excellent against AFC. Our midfield hasn't created much in the first two matches, he can pick a decent pass and open defences.

Looks like the same as last year, great going forward but defensively frail. Expecting some changes in defence tomorrow. Suddenly BC is a big game.

CB has nailed it, not much I can add. Forest were poor, the game was poor. Get the annual slump out of the way early. Need to get through this month & pick up a few points.

Don't get me wrong, I am still confident of a play off place, McLeod returning soon and hopefully Judge will still be at least three quarters the player he was (can't see him being as good to be honest), and with Woods back, the midfield will be spoilt for choice, but we need to get things right soon. Can't fall too far behind so soon, confidence and all that, and once in a rut it's difficult to get out of it.

Smith should have learnt some of these things last season but just seems intent on making the same mistakes.

We need a win tonight or confidence will drop.

He has almost too many players to choose from now and seems to be struggling to find the right combination, a big test for him as there will be some decent players who may not make the squad even. Last years team largely picked itself.