Foreign owners owning other clubs | Vital Football

Foreign owners owning other clubs

interesting article! Remains to be seen if we suddenly sign podence on loan in Jan !

Perhaps we should also loan some non first team players to olympikos to help us with FPP and get them off our payroll?

I was more concerned with the ethics & morals of it but yes if we are going to do it sooner rather than later is probably the time to do it.

Watford basically used this to get round FFP and to get into the Premiership. The ethics are wrong but then we got hit with an embargo for going slightly over the spend and yet QPR get one window embargo and a fine spread over 10 years plus forcing owner to reduce the debts owed. Before this Leicester and Leeds went into Administration to get out of debts). There is always a work around that won't be fair to the smaller clubs.

Watford basically used this to get round FFP and to get into the Premiership. The ethics are wrong but then we got hit with an embargo for going slightly over the spend and yet QPR get one window embargo and a fine spread over 10 years plus forcing owner to reduce the debts owed. Before this Leicester and Leeds went into Administration to get out of debts). There is always a work around that won't be fair to the smaller clubs.

We did not get hit with an embargo for slightly going over the spend limit; we were well over the limit, that is why it took so long to get out of it.

Watford found a loophole that was quickly closed and QPRs punishment was unenforceable at the time because the PL would not enforce it, that has changed.

FFP was introduced to prevent clubs going into administration; judged on that basis it has been a huge success.

The stunt that Leicester are pulling has nothing whatsoever to do with FFP.

They have found a way of circumventing the compensation rules due to clubs that develop players in this Country.

Any club that develops a player is due compensation when a player moves on to another English club; if the clubs cannot agree on the level of compensation due to be paid the matter goes to a tribunal.

This does not come into effect when the said player goes to a foreign club; the theory that Taylor is floating is that the player mentioned will go to Leicester's feeder club and then on to Leicester at a later date.

I would guess that this will be stopped in the near future as it sets a very dangerous precedent.

If anyone has worked out the best way round FFP then surely it’s Wolves. I can’t see how the sheep are still going as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/12/george-hirst-sheffield-wednesday-leuven-leicester

Pretty shameful & not unexpected from Leicester & their same old cheating.

Could impact us though with obviously our owner & his current ties with Greek football.

Think we might be different since neither club owned by big m would consider itself the feeder club. certainly this window doesn't look like that from our point of view.

loophole clearly needs closing. Not difficult though.

24 hours and not even on page 2

SHAME

This is a serious debate about matters of principle I’m not surprised it has therefore been debated properly rather than you & your clique with their pip wacking BS topz off rubbish. It’s about quality not quantity, I’d take a few reasoned points over all the toodling you can manage or those vile vile snertz arguing over multiple pages.