Ford Ends UK Production | Vital Football

Ford Ends UK Production

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
Easy, the UK can end Ford purchases then.

If they can make them cheaper in Turkey, they can make less profit from the Turks.

:18:

We should plough money into car maufacturing, Jaguar Aston Martin Land Rover so many we could get going again proper all over the world but nooooo

Outsourcing has ruined the British motor industry, always some one greedy at the top and always workers that are replaceable that will work on the cheap :(

The motor industry was ruined by decades of appallingly bad management and union excess. It's not the fault of any one particular government

It wasn't helped by the lack of pride in the workforce that lead to a sub-standard product. All part of the same "I'm all right Jack" culture that was widespread throughout the British manufacturing sector.

I worked for Lucas. I was layed off every time BL went on strike.
I repeat that the management in the whole of the motor industry, in common with other large industrial companies in the UK, was out dated, incompetent , and in some cases , corrupt.
The unions also share the blame for their behaviour.

Trekker - 26/7/2013 18:52

I worked for Lucas. I was layed off every time BL went on strike.
I repeat that the management in the whole of the motor industry, in common with other large industrial companies in the UK, was out dated, incompetent , and in some cases , corrupt.
The unions also share the blame for their behaviour.

a few bungs happened between the unions and managements also ...

Absolutely they did. In case you think I'm supporting unions against bosses then think again! You REALLY have the wrong end of the stick.

Trekker - 26/7/2013 18:59

Absolutely they did. In case you think I'm supporting unions against bosses then think again! You REALLY have the wrong end of the stick.

Agrees with Trekker. The unions were a massive part of the demise of British trade not just within the motor industry. Seen it first hand with the railways and the union militants with ex

Trekker - 26/7/2013 18:59

i havent got the wrong end of the stick at all as know corruption, threats, and acts of violence occurred from both sides, mostly due to the power hungry unions and managers who just didnt have a clue what day it is, and quite frankly didnt care as both sides were getting paid ... the only ones who suffered and loss of pay were the poor buggers trying to earn a coin for there families.

Trekker - 26/7/2013 18:01

The motor industry was ruined by decades of appallingly bad management and union excess. It's not the fault of any one particular government

I do not differentiate between the puppet fronts, it's still the same people pulling the strings.

Managers and Unions, yet more greed and jobs for the boys, they should become politicians.

If you own a business and you can make more money by moving production to another country then that is what you will do.

We just don't have the cheap materials to do this in our country and IMO that is the main reason this country losing it's manufacturing trade. That might not be the case but that's the way I see it.

Difficult to argue with them doing it, especially when they aren't British companies in the first place.

I read yesterday, I think it was in the Telegraph and the Express & Star picked up on it. Over 800,000 British jobs are advertised across the EU. Anyone from outside the Uk that get an interview in this country can claim up to £900 travel expenses and any company that employs someone from outside the UK but from within the EU can claim £1000. All funded by the EU.