DWHFKy0W0AARinB.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 37
  • springfield-park5425l.jpg
    springfield-park5425l.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 5577001.jpg
    5577001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 39
Aye some belting times down at springy shame it could not be redeveloped because it had it's own identity so many memories pey Houghton lobbing Jimmy rimmer when villa were European champs geet robbed that night too the cup run ending v Leeds and wiggin being sealed off crowds below 1000 in freight rover trophy buckets collecting money for Stan McEwens wage and many more memories

I particularly liked the second picture with the farewell message. Very poignant. It was a ramshackle place but it was home and is where I first started watching the club/football with my Dad 33 years ago. Times change and a move was necessary for the clubs development but like I say it was home and holds many happy memories.

played on the hallowed Springfield turf in a Wigan Juniors u-14 cup final before they all got moved en masse to shitheaps like Garswood Town. Yeah, shame we're not still there, never quite taken to the DW.

I remember sitting on the Pop side terrace steps on my own on the night the Supporters Club shut down. That may have been the day when that banner was there. People were in and out of the club all night, going sitting or standing at different spots on the terraces all with their own memories. When I was sitting there, there were a one sat on the Town End terrace, 2 or 3 leaning on the barriers on the pop side. Then people would appear and disappear at various intervals/in between pints.

I found it really strange that I could become so attached to concrete and steel, but it was all very poignant.

I was a pop side supporter from being a little lad and remember standing there crying as the main stand had been set on fire it was heart-braking to see it.
My wife and I went on to the pitch and I said to her run up the wing on the pop side and you'll be the last winger ever to do it and she did, crazy what you do for your club or what lol.

THATS ME SECOND FROM LEFT FRONT ROW WITH CAP AT A GAME AROUND 1956

OLD 017.jpg

Youre all filling me up remembering our beloved Springfield Park. Funny when we entered the stand at Spotland on Tuesday we were only saying how strange it was that the powers that be at Wigan Kremlin wouldnt allow us to enter or leave the Pop side when we had just as much space to do so as Rochdale had. In fact a much bigger and better stadium than Spotland could quite easilly have been built on the Springfield Park site.

I remember ringing the ground around 1pm on a winters Saturday to see if the game was on.No other way back then,the bogs at Springy where a stinking brick wall with a bit of guttering on the floor,you were knackered if you wanted a shit.
Also in them days, getting the Post & Chronicle pink on a Saturday neet when the lads were away at Frickley or Gainsborough to see how they went on.
And to think 30 years later we were in the top flight and won the FA Cup.....unbelievable.

Fans like us now are just numbers Supporters club was my second home and we all did loads of work on the ground etc