Footy Heaven | Vital Football

Footy Heaven

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Interestin calls toneet after Charlie the 73yrs old Rovrum foned last neet to tell how he was threatened by his own fans in't away end at Scabby Forest cos he asked 2 Millers fans to sit darn.The 2 morons were thought to be in their late 20's the big brave bastards.UTCB

It seems to me that most of the standards that we and our parents grew up with and lived by have gone out of the window. Women, children and older people were always no-go areas. I’m not sure that everybody gave them the respect that they should have done even back then, but peer pressure kept the morons in check. There is absolutely no boundaries now, in fact I reckon targeting somebody who seems to be physically or mentally weaker is seen as a benefit to these cowardly scumbags.

I despair sometimes, it’s like an infestation of vermin amongst us Blades or not a Blades. Zero tolerance for me, and I live in the hope that one day they pick on the wrong old fella or Dad with his kids and he lifts one of their heads off... even better if it’s me.

When you look at how supporters used to celebrate a goal 50 years ago (polite clapping) to how they do now (frenzied hysteria) it kind of gives a snapshot at how much more intense our lives are. Everything is now "amazing" where it used to be "good".

I have been abused by a Blades fan at an away match when I asked him to stop the filthy language he was using (constantly) to abuse the oppo's goalkeeper. I was quite shocked and upset by the aggression directed at me and at the time I thought I would never want to go to an away match again - happily I've got over that, but I keep quiet now.

There are some real plonkers about with zero tolerance and a lot of anger - women also before you start Rod :tongue:

When you look at how supporters used to celebrate a goal 50 years ago (polite clapping) to how they do now (frenzied hysteria) it kind of gives a snapshot at how much more intense our lives are. Everything is now "amazing" where it used to be "good".

I have been abused by a Blades fan at an away match when I asked him to stop the filthy language he was using (constantly) to abuse the oppo's goalkeeper. I was quite shocked and upset by the aggression directed at me and at the time I thought I would never want to go to an away match again - happily I've got over that, but I keep quiet now.

There are some real plonkers about with zero tolerance and a lot of anger - women also before you start Rod :tongue:
Good post Aya and I’m really sorry to read of your experience.

I’ve been thinking about your comment though regarding how we celebrated goals 50 years ago. I don’t think we stood and clapped politely in the 60’s although the celebrations might not have been as openly aggressive as home and away fans were often mixed in with one another. I was in my teens 50 years ago and I remember surging down the Kop and spilling onto the pitch celebrating goals and being in a real scrum on the open Hillsborough Kop celebrating our goals. There we also a few scraps on away days back then even though the real hooligan element didn’t arrive till the 70’s. I think the days of polite clapping probably went out with the immediate post war years.

Your right about the aggression, men but also women and it’s not just in football. I used to drive around 40k miles a year so got used to driving styles a could suss the cars around me so I can still usually pick out a dodgy/nervous/aggressive driver pretty easily and give them a wide birth. I used to be able to tell if the driver behind me was a young male or older female just by the way they drove but there’s every chance now that the nut-job that comes tearing up behind me and tailgating these days is a middle aged woman on her own. I’m not a slow driver either, I’m an advanced motorist who still loves the odd race day at Donnington. Madness really with all the male nutters around.

What ya pickin on me for again Monte? I have the upmost respect for women,mi mum was one tha knows as are mi 2 sisters and the wonderful lass that i'm proud to able call mi wife,Our Gertie.:p:giggle:UTCB

I’ve been thinking about your comment though regarding how we celebrated goals 50 years ago. I don’t think we stood and clapped politely in the 60’s although the celebrations might not have been as openly aggressive as home and away fans were often mixed in with one another. I was in my teens 50 years ago and I remember surging down the Kop and spilling onto the pitch celebrating goals and being in a real scrum on the open Hillsborough Kop celebrating our goals. There we also a few scraps on away days back then even though the real hooligan element didn’t arrive till the 70’s. I think the days of polite clapping probably went out with the immediate post war years.

Your right about the aggression, men but also women and it’s not just in football. I used to drive around 40k miles a year so got used to driving styles a could suss the cars around me so I can still usually pick out a dodgy/nervous/aggressive driver pretty easily and give them a wide birth. I used to be able to tell if the driver behind me was a young male or older female just by the way they drove but there’s every chance now that the nut-job that comes tearing up behind me and tailgating these days is a middle aged woman on her own. I’m not a slow driver either, I’m an advanced motorist who still loves the odd race day at Donnington. Madness really with all the male nutters around.

.............advanced in years or ability Gray ? :whist:.............totally agree with you about women drivers - tbf that used to be - but I'm a bit more laid back now (most of the time :finger:)

On a slighlty different note, when we went to the playoff final v Palace many moons ago, there was a woman who was sat a few seat away from we were, now this woman must have been in her mid thirties and all throughout the game there was nothing but vile abuse and foul language aimed not onlt at the palace players but some of our own as well that would make a pile of horsesh1t cringe. A few people reported her to the stewards but nowt was done, she was not bothered that there were families around either, eventually one guy said sommat to her and the two idiots that was with her but it did little to calm her down.
As we left I took not of the seats that they had been sitting in and reported this to the club the following week but never heard anything.

.............advanced in years or ability Gray ? :whist:.............totally agree with you about women drivers - tbf that used to be - but I'm a bit more laid back now (most of the time :finger:)
Both Aya, but I refuse to act my age, I prefer to manure slowly. :grinning:

On a slighlty different note, when we went to the playoff final v Palace many moons ago, there was a woman who was sat a few seat away from we were, now this woman must have been in her mid thirties and all throughout the game there was nothing but vile abuse and foul language aimed not onlt at the palace players but some of our own as well that would make a pile of horsesh1t cringe. A few people reported her to the stewards but nowt was done, she was not bothered that there were families around either, eventually one guy said sommat to her and the two idiots that was with her but it did little to calm her down.
As we left I took not of the seats that they had been sitting in and reported this to the club the following week but never heard anything.

sounds revolting - and wasn't me before you ask.........my satnav played up that day so never made it :slap:

Gray - I've got to laugh........went out in the car today and found myself getting annoyed at a very slow beer van delivery driver....was tempted to tailgate but thought better :innocent:.........then got completely tailgated on my entry to the M25 by another van driver obviously in a rush...........who sped into the fast lane which of course was the first to grind to a halt about a mile later ...........I drifted past him in Lane 2 with a smug smile on my face :grinning:

Gray - I've got to laugh........went out in the car today and found myself getting annoyed at a very slow beer van delivery driver....was tempted to tailgate but thought better :innocent:.........then got completely tailgated on my entry to the M25 by another van driver obviously in a rush...........who sped into the fast lane which of course was the first to grind to a halt about a mile later ...........I drifted past him in Lane 2 with a smug smile on my face :grinning:
Brilliant, I love a bit of karma. :clap:

The fone in was on at 6pm Monte.I have watched Corrie,nar i'm watchin Dunfermline v Partick on Alba,then i'll be watchin Porto on freesports if that's ok Ma Baker.:p:giggle: UTCB

......respect.............Dumfermline v Partick..............you and 2 others :wack:
Alright pipe darn Mrs i've got satellite TV.:tongue: :giggle: I like to watch footy at worever level,tother week i watched Maltby v Frickley on't beeb red button and thoruoghly enjoyed it. I dunt like watchin the pigs on't telly,especially when they're playin Leeds.Ya seem to be gerrin a little big headed nar you've reached a final,:bow:show some humility to clubs further darn the gravy chain would be my advice.:giggle: UTCB

Alright pipe darn Mrs i've got satellite TV.:tongue::giggle: I like to watch footy at worever level,tother week i watched Maltby v Frickley on't beeb red button and thoruoghly enjoyed it. I dunt like watchin the pigs on't telly,especially when they're playin Leeds.Ya seem to be gerrin a little big headed nar you've reached a final,:bow:show some humility to clubs further darn the gravy chain would be my advice.:giggle: UTCB

I'm a season ticket holder at Potters Bar Town.............come on you Scholars!! ................does that count? :innocent: