Football without fans. | Vital Football

Football without fans.

walgarthjohn

Vital 1st Team Regular
Man u get six put past them. Then to top it all Liverpool concede seven. It’s now becoming a joke Without fans looks like players can’t be arsed.

I hadn't seen the Liverpool and United scores that's hilarious.

I thought it was mental when we put 8 past Hull!

Definitely makes a difference. Allows the lesser teams more freedom to play without the pressure of the crowd on their backs and allows the bigger teams to switch off and lose motivation and concentration when getting beat. No way does a full Old Trafford let that United team give up like they did. I reckon Leeds would have gone on to beat Man City as well with a full Elland Road behind them after that equaliser.

Sorry dont understand your logic both Liverpool and United could have lost with ten they were so bad on the day just like when we battered Hull

Sorry dont understand your logic both Liverpool and United could have lost with ten they were so bad on the day just like when we battered Hull

Which also had no fans.
I understand the logic that without the match day atmosphere games are like a training session.
There is defo a main ingredient missing from the excitement that a football match gives.

Time will tell, whether playing matches in soulless Stadiums,
while fans watch on TV in the comfort of their own home,
will put off fans to watch their team playing on a freezing
wet day/night match?

There is no doubt that supporters apply a level of pressure on players (both positive and negative) and I can’t imagine any regular attendee would dispute that. Sports psychologists argue that the supporters have a direct influence on the amount of adrenalin produced by the players.

The players KNOW it isn’t a training session but they are in a slightly surreal atmosphere and once the game is ‘gone’ they are switching off to a greater extent because no one is giving them an earful. They aren’t fearful of setting foot in front of tens of thousands of angry exasperated fans next time out.
None of this is to suggest that the league table won’t eventually look very much like we’d expect it to, simply that along the way we’ll see a lot more weird results.

The absence of fans looks like it is evening out any advantage from playing at home. Somebody on Sky did the stats and there's been a lower home win % than almost any other season. So it can't be normal and the sooner we are back to crowds the better.

Time will tell, whether playing matches in soulless Stadiums,
while fans watch on TV in the comfort of their own home,
will put off fans to watch their team playing on a freezing
wet day/night match?
I can't think of anything worse than paying £10 for a shitty stream that I'll probably only half-pay attention to if I'm sat in my own house. Rather fork out £30 and have a night out.

The longer this surreal situation goes on, where fans cannot
attend matches, it will not only have a financial impact on
clubs, but fans could get out of the habit to make the effort
to attend matches.

I can't think of anything worse than paying £10 for a shitty stream that I'll probably only half-pay attention to if I'm sat in my own house. Rather fork out £30 and have a night out.
Most people are creatures of habit, by not going to matches
they could lose interest to make the effort to attend matches.

Most people are creatures of habit, by not going to matches
they could lose interest to make the effort to attend matches.
Yeah, agree there. I should have justified my position that not being a local, to go to a game is a bit of an adventure

Yeah, agree there. I should have justified my position that not being a local, to go to a game is a bit of an adventure
I agree with you about the excitement of attending matches
and the the whole experience of the 'ups and downs' of
watching your team with your supporters around you,
who give their various opinions on how the Latics are playing.

Reactions: GSM