Football .....The Return... | Page 8 | Vital Football

Football .....The Return...

Cant see why teams in the top six would want to continue. At the bottom the five teams above the relegation drop including ourselves would vote to end the campaign. Derby County have said they don't want to ply behind close doors because of the costs and both Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City with potential points deductions looming will hope the season ends soon.

Reckon Fulham in 3rd would because they play the top 2 and could easily overtake one if they win those games. 4th-6th though not as they could easily drop out of the top 6. Luton and Barnsley are cut adrift and can't afford to play on. Then the 10 teams from Hull up to Derby and you have 15 teams who would probably vote against.

There’s no point them trying to start again. Hull are already saying they’ve had positive tests. If it was Leeds or West Brom they wouldn’t disclose it. Teams will exploit it however they can. The only reason all the leagues haven’t scrapped it and started again is because of the money involved in the Premier League and the fact that Liverpool we’re finally going to win it. Plus ‘massive Leeds’ we’re going back up. The FA and premier league are too scared to upset people, it should’ve been scrapped a long time ago with financial planning put in place to save clubs.

There’s no point them trying to start again. Hull are already saying they’ve had positive tests. If it was Leeds or West Brom they wouldn’t disclose it. Teams will exploit it however they can. The only reason all the leagues haven’t scrapped it and started again is because of the money involved in the Premier League and the fact that Liverpool we’re finally going to win it. Plus ‘massive Leeds’ we’re going back up. The FA and premier league are too scared to upset people, it should’ve been scrapped a long time ago with financial planning put in place to save clubs.
And you know if it was us and Barnsley in auto prom places it would have been scrapped in an instant

Be hilarious if Sheff Weds, Derby and Brum voted to end the season then had points deducted which relegated the lot of em.
Cheating barstewards
They won't but again if it was us and Barnsley we would.
This is how it works. Remember how many chances Bolton got then still broke the rules and still didn't even get points deducted. Then compare them to Bury and since then how Macc have been treated in comparison. Get the bloody corrupt pile of crap nullified now!!!

The issue is imagine if we start the season and about 2 weeks in 1 player tests positive at one club. Due to the incubation period being about 2 weeks that mean that everyone at the club would need to go into isolation and couldn't play for at least a week or two and everyone they played in the previous 2 weeks would have to do the same. If that happened one player testing positive could take out multiple teams for a couple of weeks and considering we need to finish the league within just over a month there is no room for the fixtures to be replayed.

I don't think the guidelines on self isolation for those in contact with Covid will change so applying them means the chances of us being able to get every game played in the finite 50 odd days could be like a house of cards.

I can see the season coming back and being abandoned shortly after due to logistical nightmare potentially caused by just one positive test destroying the fixture list.

Regardless of how for or against you are about restarting the season for whatever reason there are going to be 700 odd folks tested continually accross the 24 teams. The chances that over 50 days no one will test positive seems unlikely and 1 positive will be like a potential house of cards if my understanding of what the guidelines are is correct.

The issue is imagine if we start the season and about 2 weeks in 1 player tests positive at one club. Due to the incubation period being about 2 weeks that mean that everyone at the club would need to go into isolation and couldn't play for at least a week or two and everyone they played in the previous 2 weeks would have to do the same. If that happened one player testing positive could take out multiple teams for a couple of weeks and considering we need to finish the league within just over a month there is no room for the fixtures to be replayed.

I don't think the guidelines on self isolation for those in contact with Covid will change so applying them means the chances of us being able to get every game played in the finite 50 odd days could be like a house of cards.

I can see the season coming back and being abandoned shortly after due to logistical nightmare potentially caused by just one positive test destroying the fixture list.

Regardless of how for or against you are about restarting the season for whatever reason there are going to be 700 odd folks tested continually accross the 24 teams. The chances that over 50 days no one will test positive seems unlikely and 1 positive will be like a potential house of cards if my understanding of what the guidelines are is correct.
You are bang on with this KDZ - However, as with both "Parlay" in Pirates of the Caribbean and Government / SPAD interpretation of lockdown protocols - they are not rules they are, as you say, "guidelines" which as we know can be manipulated and bent by those in authority to suit their own objectives.
In this case the EPL/EFL whose only concern is the money.
On that basis creative "solutions" will be arrived at to complete !

You are bang on with this KDZ - However, as with both "Parlay" in Pirates of the Caribbean and Government / SPAD interpretation of lockdown protocols - they are not rules they are, as you say, "guidelines" which as we know can be manipulated and bent by those in authority to suit their own objectives.

"Parlay" is actually "parlez", from the french "to speak".

Parlez was a term implying ceasefire whilst talks were being held.

I should have been in France right now. Lovely place.

While I understand what you mean I think there are a lot of clubs who benefit from the league ending and being decided on points per game and they will play the 'safety card' and refuse to play. I think that it's going to be easy to create a PR issue for those with incentive and force the leagues hand by acting like they are happy to play but are deadly afraid of the virus rather than it being a cynical attempt to get the league finished with them in their current position. You know the teams who don't want to finish are the one's with the most to lose and would sing a different tune if they benefitted from more games.

There are too many vested interests and obvious loopholes to exploit.

"Parlay" is actually "parlez", from the french "to speak".

Parlez was a term implying ceasefire whilst talks were being held.

I should have been in France right now. Lovely place.
I know 😉 The spelling Parlay is the pirate version of it ! 🤣

Seasons over, it's nearly June. Pitch is getting a good rest. Leave it now untill September and start a new season. Hopefully the tenants finish too. Just hope they can keep paying the rent.

Seasons over, it's nearly June. Pitch is getting a good rest. Leave it now untill September and start a new season. Hopefully the tenants finish too. Just hope they can keep paying the rent.
They've been given a grant by the DCMS the lucky barstewards. Suspect it's to do with the government wanting to keep the "rugby league towns" happy since they won many of them over at the election. So unfortunately the end probably isn't nigh for them just yet.

Only bad thing about France is the French.
I trust that you are joking sir.
Had many happy holidays in various parts of France and spent the last 10 years enjoying 3 or 4 month a years in my holiday home in the Vendee but circumstances change and minding 3 young grand daughters is now the priority, no more estate car full of red wine and 3 course ouvrier lunches with a bottle of wine for 10 or 12 Euros.
Lucky I sold up last October as I wouldn't have been able to go this year anyway.
No problems with the French except that they drive like nuts and you being veggie would find it difficult eating out.
One thing that the French have is civic pride, the place is a lot cleaner than the UK , I drive to the home matches through Blackrod and Red Rock and the place is a shit tip, coke bottles Mc Donalds rubbish everywhere along the verges all manner of crap so embarrassing.
Takeaways should be served in a foot square sheet of paper like the chippy's use and nothing else I'm sick of wading through polystyrene and flyaway Mc Donalds bags.
Sorry to rant on but I need a holiday.