football scouts | Vital Football

football scouts

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
SE said Celtic scouts had come to see Scott Robertson play at Priestfield.

Are Football scouts still allowed to travel and watch games?

SE said Celtic scouts had come to see Scott Robertson play at Priestfield.

Are Football scouts still allowed to travel and watch games?

Yes, wxgil. They`re just people doing their job, so no reason why they can`t travel and attend games. Same as broadcasters - commentators, media etc.

Having said that, for some reason my new accreditation with the Accrington Gazette has so far failed to get me into Priestfield !!

I could be in trouble.
I tried to get into my 10 year old grandson's scout uniform. Couldn't get it on but I think I might have stretched it a bit (well a lot then).
Managed to put it back in his cupboard without anyone seeing me and can only hope that he's too old for Scouts by the time that they meet again.

I think clubs have networks of scouts. Doubt they’d send someone down from Glasgow. They would have “their man in London” check out how Scott is doing. Travel that far for work is allowed yeah?

I could be in trouble.
I tried to get into my 10 year old grandson's scout uniform. Couldn't get it on but I think I might have stretched it a bit (well a lot then).
Managed to put it back in his cupboard without anyone seeing me and can only hope that he's too old for Scouts by the time that they meet again.
I think there's a special forum for that sort of thing Bert 🤔

I could be in trouble.
I did have a old adult uniform that you could have had minus badges .I got rid of it recently.

Why 'minus the badges' ?
What was wrong with them ?
There is nothing wrong with the badges but it I was no longer in Scouting. I am fairly sure I had to hand them back anyway. You buy your own uniform .But the badges and neckers are provided. The shirts are fairly regular shirts .So I wore it occasionally after leaving .Normally for going out with a coat on in cooler weather.Never to look like a leader that would be very wrong in my view. Both trousers and shirts are good for out door wear so great for a walk in the country .Scouting uniforms dry amazingly quickly which is of course is great for camping and hikes.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the badges but it I was no longer in Scouting. I am fairly sure I had to hand them back anyway. You buy your own uniform .But the badges and neckers are provided. The shirts are fairly regular shirts .So I wore it occasionally after leaving .Normally for going out with a coat on in cooler weather.Never to look like a leader that would be very wrong in my view. Both trousers and shirts are good for out door wear so great for a walk in the country .Scouting uniforms dry amazingly quickly which is of course is great for camping and hikes.

Is your picture showing the last time that you wore the uniform? Sadly I don't think it would fit me!