Football Rule Changes | Page 2 | Vital Football

Football Rule Changes

Even watching it at home it would become boring. More chance of flicking thru the channels and watching something else to kill the time then forgetting it was on and missing the second half. The 15 minute break drags on tv when you are listening to the drivel most of the pundits spout most games and watching endless replays of opposition goals etc.

FFS :arrghh:

Half-time drags on long enough as it is, particularly at home games.

The Superbowl may have a 25 minute break but all the other regular season NFL games only have 12 minutes. Its a one off event where they charge millions for an advert during that half time break.
How many different acts are they going to need to find for this to happen each week as well - cant see this idea getting off the ground, what a bunch of :clown:

Fans in the ground don't count do they, this is all about TV armchair fans, filling them with betting ads and pundits talking shite in between adverts.

Just fuck off 15 mins is too long unless of course you're a piss head then I imagine it's a great idea
(y)

The Superbowl may have a 25 minute break but all the other regular season NFL games only have 12 minutes. Its a one off event where they charge millions for an advert during that half time break.
How many different acts are they going to need to find for this to happen each week as well - cant see this idea getting off the ground, what a bunch of :clown:
Recall USA world Cup when Yanks wanted 3 breaks to maximise commercial revenue. As regulars know, I'm a reasonable, easy going old codger but regarding this idea,Fuck off.

Why does everyone hate change so much? Whenever anything changes the reaction is always the same.

For me extending half time makes perfect sense. Its always a struggle to buy and drink a pint in 15 minutes, to the point you have to neck it. I'd welcome a nice relaxed half time drink.

25 minutes might be a bit excessive, but 20 minutes would be a great idea. I've always thought 15 minutes is not enough.

As for those complaining about midnight blah blah blah.. Its 10 mins! That's all. What's the big deal between getting home at midnight or 23:50?

P.s. I don't give a shit about half time entertainment. But 5 minutes extra to have a relaxed drink without rushing? I'm all for it.

Why does everyone hate change so much? Whenever anything changes the reaction is always the same.

For me extending half time makes perfect sense. Its always a struggle to buy and drink a pint in 15 minutes, to the point you have to neck it. I'd welcome a nice relaxed half time drink.

25 minutes might be a bit excessive, but 20 minutes would be a great idea. I've always thought 15 minutes is not enough.

As for those complaining about midnight blah blah blah.. Its 10 mins! That's all. What's the big deal between getting home at midnight or 23:50?
Make that 4-30 AM with our dismal train service.

They may as well make it an hour so the players can have a nice little nap and come back refreshed for the 2nd half

First thought I had about extending the half-time break and providing live entertainment was, how much are the price of match-day tickets going to increase.
As for having an extra 10 minutes to swallow a pint, there are easier ways to accommodate the fans who want a pint. Ways like introducing more sales points.

good idea, get all the tossers who have let the club down and throw stuff at them, like bricks and hammers, like the gladiators, it would liven things up. just a bit. seanie,,

I can see it now...

JLo coming out of the tunnel of the Trinity Road stand at Villa Park for the half time show in the contest between the Aston Lions and Manchester Citizens...

If this ends up in a tie, we're headed to overtime!!

Join us again after these important messages from our sponsors.

Last edited: