Football programs | Vital Football

Football programs

cocopops

Vital Youth Team
The EFL has voted in favour of it no longer being compulsory for clubs to produce a match day program,I've bleeding loads of the buggers in my loft and they are worth about 50p each as the majority are from the 70's to 90's but I keep them as a great memory of good times,well I say good times :lol:
Does anyone else still buy them in today's multi media life,if they disappear completely it's something that the young of today will miss out on but then again are they bothered about a hard copy if it's not available via Google or Facebook :hmmm:

Like you, I have a box full of matchday programmes in my loft. Why I keep them I have no idea. Bit like vinyl singles and albums. I have a shed load but never look or play them. I guess they are a part of me and my childhood and haven't the heart to bin them.

I used to but them in the 70's when the team line ups were accurate, now they name the team from a squad of 20-25 as the teams are not announced until about an hour before kickoff.
I think now it's just another way for clubs to rip you off

The clubs wasn't ripping off the fans this time,the programs was compulsory and as often as not a money loser for clubs that's why there was a vote on whether to keep them or not,Notts has decided to keep publishing there's for a while but only 18 pages or so thick

Agreed, it was compulsory and clubs from lower league (and non league) could cost the club money, it would be a gamble how many to print, too few and the supporters complain, too many and it's a waste of club money.
Fortunately for big clubs in the Prem it's not an issue any more, a mere drop in the ocean compared to the wages paid to players like Silva and Aguero

Agreed, it was compulsory and clubs from lower league (and non league) could cost the club money, it would be a gamble how many to print, too few and the supporters complain, too many and it's a waste of club money.
Fortunately for big clubs in the Prem it's not an issue any more, a mere drop in the ocean compared to the wages paid to players like Silva and Aguero

And yet another dig at City, at least you're consistent.

I can’t quite work out what you’re doing posting on our board, Barbles.
You clearly despise our club. Is it because you just like to wum?

I've got mainly away programmes and derby games stored in a box, plus those when I went through a phase of collecting European finals.
These days, I only buy European homes when I go.
As for rugby, again aways, finals, and internationals.

I saw this on Twitter today from @SteTudor123 and found it interesting, even though it was published in February.

https://www.tifofootball.com/featur...-editor-nottingham-forests-matchday-programme

Thanks for putting that up Colin is the king,I enjoyed reading it,it gives an insight into what goes on to produce a programe
I can't see there being a paper format in ten years time if only 10-20% gets sold on a match day,unfortunately I think that's it's days are numbered and once old fogeys like me and the like no longer go to games then the millennials won't be bothered and they will go the same way as the rattle and lace up footballs

I can’t quite work out what you’re doing posting on our board, Barbles.
You clearly despise our club. Is it because you just like to wum?

I was invited Rising, I do not despise your club in fact it appears to be the other way around with after your defeat to the Reds in the CL and subsequent "dipper" comments (all in the line of banter I'm assured:bs:)
I would suggest to you that the antagonistic replies I get have more to do with seeing a change of tide in English football with Liverpool taking over the reigns of the best most entertaining football team and ultimately champions of England.
I don't blame you for looking over your shoulders nervously (y)

I was invited Rising, I do not despise your club in fact it appears to be the other way around with after your defeat to the Reds in the CL and subsequent "dipper" comments (all in the line of banter I'm assured:bs:)
I would suggest to you that the antagonistic replies I get have more to do with seeing a change of tide in English football with Liverpool taking over the reigns of the best most entertaining football team and ultimately champions of England.
I don't blame you for looking over your shoulders nervously (y)

One fan mentioned that term, go on a Liverpool forum and have a look at what's said about rival clubs, what you see on here is tame in comparison.

This year is your year I take it?

You’re a wum. Nothing more, nothing less.
How about we uninvite you?

Baubles may be a bit of a wum but he isn't a troll and that's the difference to why he should stay on here,it would be boring for any forum not to have one to rattle the cage every now and again,I've never known him to be rude nor abusive on other forums :clap:

Baubles may be a bit of a wum but he isn't a troll and that's the difference to why he should stay on here,it would be boring for any forum not to have one to rattle the cage every now and again,I've never known him to be rude nor abusive on other forums :clap:
Sorry, CP, I disagree. Wumming and trolling are one and the same.

It's ok Coco, this is obviously a site where they just sit in there own little bubble praising and worshipping the shiekhs money.
It's certainly not the humorous forum that was described to me (mind you, it doesn't help their sense of humour when my team always beats theirs)
If you say anything not completely praising the team or club or players you are classed as a WUM and it turns into a gang mentality.

One fan mentioned that term, go on a Liverpool forum and have a look at what's said about rival clubs, what you see on here is tame in comparison.

This year is your year I take it?

I have seen several references to it post CL final too (selective reading again from Mr Dub I see?)

I'm not interested what other forums are saying.

I would suggest after trouncing our (probably) main rivals for the league (again) yesterday,yes it probably is :thumbup: