Football Media | Page 32 | Vital Football

Football Media

Or demands for action from the FA who's showpiece competition is sponsored by them.

They're more likely to use it against City because of the UAE connection.
I did think about this before posting.......but decided as they are two separate states within the UAE I would go for it. Good point about the showpiece competition for the FA. This might actually give them pause for thought.

Is it me or has anyone else been deafened by the silence over this issue on the back pages? Probably a bit inconvenient......

I did think about this before posting.......but decided as they are two separate states within the UAE I would go for it. Good point about the showpiece competition for the FA. This might actually give them pause for thought.

Is it me or has anyone else been deafened by the silence over this issue on the back pages? Probably a bit inconvenient......

You can bet if they were backing us etc

It’s BACK!

The “Can Anyone Stop Them” mantra has reared it’s head AGAIN,,,,,,,as the BBC led the charge this morning with their tv sports bulletin on Breakfast News.

Remind me. Did we here this ONCE when Liverpool TMfailed were leading the league last season? I don’t recall doing so. I seem to remember them being lauded as imperious and Kropp a genius as they slathered and dribbled with anticipation before the dippers secured their first title in over a generation. Pep sets his team on course to regain the title and NOW we here “Can ANyone Stop Them“ again :arrghh:

It’s BACK!

The “Can Anyone Stop Them” mantra has reared it’s head AGAIN,,,,,,,as the BBC led the charge this morning with their tv sports bulletin on Breakfast News.

Remind me. Did we here this ONCE when Liverpool TMfailed were leading the league last season? I don’t recall doing so. I seem to remember them being lauded as imperious and Kropp a genius as they slathered and dribbled with anticipation before the dippers secured their first title in over a generation. Pep sets his team on course to regain the title and NOW we here “Can ANyone Stop Them“ again :arrghh:

Sit back and enjoy it. They obviously thought Liverpool could be stopped ;) :thumbup:

It’s BACK!

Well they have changed it slightly from 'How do you beat them'

Why - just why - would they run this article today? We are not playing RB Leipzig, this has nothing to do with our match tonight.

Simply a typical BBC hit job on the pesky foreign bloke with his fancy, weird football ideas (like goalies being able to pass the ball with their feet 🙄) who is spoiling the love in for JoMU and Liverpool ™failed.

There is zero point in running this article today unless you want to undermine the coach of a British club as they prepare to play in Europe's top football competition......which they really should be supporting.

:censor:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56185343

Why - just why - would they run this article today? We are not playing RB Leipzig, this has nothing to do with our match tonight.

Simply a typical BBC hit job on the pesky foreign bloke with his fancy, weird football ideas (like goalies being able to pass the ball with their feet 🙄) who is spoiling the love in for JoMU and Liverpool ™failed.

There is zero point in running this article today unless you want to undermine the coach of a British club as they prepare to play in Europe's top football competition......which they really should be supporting.

:censor:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56185343
Just another example of a player who thought he should have been #1 LB, he was never quite good enough for me, and he moved on. Agree it is just another BBC hit job on City, we should expect more support, I agree.

Manchester City Named The Greatest Premier League Champions Of All Time
read more .....
Manchester City Named The Greatest Premier League Champions Ever (sportbible.com)

Every Premier League-winning team have been ranked from the weakest champions to the greatest ever - with Manchester City's 'Centurions' in top spot.
That will p*ss a few people off :toot:

Seriously though, every fan will rate their club higher but there are many Blues who, like me, feel that Guardiola’s achievement in that season was grossly underrated ;largely because it confounded so many pundits who simply wanted him the fail with his “poncy tiki-tikka, play-it-out-from-the-back, goalie—being-good-with-his-feet foreign nonsense” style of football.

Well :nerner: to them!

There's a piece on Otamendi today in the Athletic.

“Obviously, Pep’s football is about playing out with the ball and good positioning,” Otamendi explains. “As a centre-back, my characteristics are more about aggression. I go looking for the ball, refuse to give it up as lost, try to win every battle. You do have to have that aggression in the Premier League: you’re playing against strong, quick strikers, so you need a certain level of fight.”

“It’s important to listen to every instruction Pep gives you,” Otamendi says. “He’s a demanding coach. He doesn’t allow you to relax: you have to compete with the other player for your position every day. He improves you technically. He works on your positioning, your aggression, everything. I tried to absorb all the information Pep gave me, to learn from everything he said to me.

“If you do things the way he tells you, it’ll end up going the right way for you during a match. That’s why you have to be very open, to have your head ready to take it all in. You have to be prepared to learn.”

Does he believe Guardiola made him a better player?
“Yes, I do. Pep gives you all the tools you need to learn; after that, it’s up to you to evolve. You have to concentrate. Honestly, the years I spent with him were very happy ones. I learnt something every day, in every training session, from every little tip. I’m fortunate to have had a coach like him.”

“I think he’s a great player,” Otamendi says of Stones. “He has enormous quality, as does Ruben Dias, and they’ve adapted really well. John went through a spell when he had a lot of injuries. Perhaps when he did play, he didn’t have that much confidence but he never (gave up). I saw him up close every day, and on a personal level, I can tell you he’s a great kid. He is open to learning. I think he’s having a fantastic season.

“I always want the best for my former team-mates. It’s a humble and hard-working group. I hope this season they can win as many titles as possible.”

There's a piece on Otamendi today in the Athletic.

“Obviously, Pep’s football is about playing out with the ball and good positioning,” Otamendi explains. “As a centre-back, my characteristics are more about aggression. I go looking for the ball, refuse to give it up as lost, try to win every battle. You do have to have that aggression in the Premier League: you’re playing against strong, quick strikers, so you need a certain level of fight.”

“It’s important to listen to every instruction Pep gives you,” Otamendi says. “He’s a demanding coach. He doesn’t allow you to relax: you have to compete with the other player for your position every day. He improves you technically. He works on your positioning, your aggression, everything. I tried to absorb all the information Pep gave me, to learn from everything he said to me.

“If you do things the way he tells you, it’ll end up going the right way for you during a match. That’s why you have to be very open, to have your head ready to take it all in. You have to be prepared to learn.”

Does he believe Guardiola made him a better player?
“Yes, I do. Pep gives you all the tools you need to learn; after that, it’s up to you to evolve. You have to concentrate. Honestly, the years I spent with him were very happy ones. I learnt something every day, in every training session, from every little tip. I’m fortunate to have had a coach like him.”

“I think he’s a great player,” Otamendi says of Stones. “He has enormous quality, as does Ruben Dias, and they’ve adapted really well. John went through a spell when he had a lot of injuries. Perhaps when he did play, he didn’t have that much confidence but he never (gave up). I saw him up close every day, and on a personal level, I can tell you he’s a great kid. He is open to learning. I think he’s having a fantastic season.

“I always want the best for my former team-mates. It’s a humble and hard-working group. I hope this season they can win as many titles as possible.”
Fantastic comments from the Otter

That will p*ss a few people off :toot:

Seriously though, every fan will rate their club higher but there are many Blues who, like me, feel that Guardiola’s achievement in that season was grossly underrated ;largely because it confounded so many pundits who simply wanted him the fail with his “poncy tiki-tikka, play-it-out-from-the-back, goalie—being-good-with-his-feet foreign nonsense” style of football.

Well :nerner: to them!

I still remember pundits saying you will never win playing that way, now they all play that way, it's just we are better than the other just now, but we cannot sit back but always have to improve, there was a time when i thought we would never win anything ever again and our highlight of the season was getting to 40 pts. and scoring more goals than we conceded.