Football Media | Page 16 | Vital Football

Football Media

The first part of this morning's Sky Sunday Supplement covered the FA Cup third round, and mention was made of a Guardian journo covering Birmingham-Blackburn, with a photo of an empty stand.

Right, I thought, are any of you going to point out nearly 52.5k at the Etihad for a 5.31pm kick off between a PL side, and a fourth tier side? No, believe it or not :rolleyes:

The first part of this morning's Sky Sunday Supplement covered the FA Cup third round, and mention was made of a Guardian journo covering Birmingham-Blackburn, with a photo of an empty stand.

Right, I thought, are any of you going to point out nearly 52.5k at the Etihad for a 5.31pm kick off between a PL side, and a fourth tier side? No, believe it or not :rolleyes:
Well, at least they are consistent?

More over-hyped dipper worshipping in the media following their overwhelming 1:0 thrashing over a washed-up-Maureen-led Spuds.
I’ll not post links. I do not wish my beloved fellow VMC friends to get nautious.
:sick:

More over-hyped dipper worshipping in the media following their overwhelming 1:0 thrashing over a washed-up-Maureen-led Spuds.
I’ll not post links. I do not wish my beloved fellow VMC friends to get nautious.
:sick:
Aren't many of the first team Spuds out injured?

This is the sort of nonsense that drives Pep crazy with the media. I have no idea who the pompous :censor: is that is posing the questions but I for one wanted to pinch him in the face given the tone of his "I can't quote you nodding" comment. Goodness knows how Pep felt :punch:

Pep Guardiola is asked about Manchester City's chances of winning Premier League title
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51359932

Having just ended my self-imposed media blackout, I see there are a number of 'Pep has lost the plot' and 'Pep has been found out' articles.
Oily is off the hook for now.

Having just ended my self-imposed media blackout, I see there are a number of 'Pep has lost the plot' and 'Pep has been found out' articles.
Oily is off the hook for now.

Yes the knives are out. Chastened by his unforgivable winning of back-to-back titles and clean sweep of domestic trophies the self-styled armchair pundits and experts are eager to call him a fraud. They hate that they got it wrong and are keen to stick the boot in.

Referenced elsewhere but worthy of posting again........Pep hasn't forgotten how Scudamore declared City's big points gap two years ago as "unhealthy" and how they gave been curiousity silent now that the Untouchables are leading by an even larger margin. Drawing attention to the double standards......but not in the mainstream media. Funny that.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6549980...ent-of-man-city-following-liverpool-dominance

Yes the knives are out. Chastened by his unforgivable winning of back-to-back titles and clean sweep of domestic trophies the self-styled armchair pundits and experts are eager to call him a fraud. They hate that they got it wrong and are keen to stick the boot in.

Quite a lot of us on here are self styled armchair pundits :wahey::bow::loser:

Not got a lot of time for Michael Calvin since I read his book “No Hunger in Paradise” which was about scouting network and how clubs deal with youth players etc. Essentially he trashed City’s academy approach and seemed to long for the nostalgia of the “good old days” .......you know the days when there were no DBS checks, no child protection policies and young talent was nurtured by kind old duffers in flat caps........

Yes Michael, we all know how good those days were.....

Here we are. No actual news from Pep. Another example of pointless thoughts to Phil Space. The writer might as well be a bloke in a pub, musing to himself over his pint.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-city-lose-to-real-madrid-champions-league
I saw that .....think I posted on here somewhere else but can't remember where 😅

Typically they miss the point that pep actually makes - that it is unhealthy to judge managers on what they win and that the VAR for describing a season as a "failure" is ridiculously low.

I guess we have moved on from the weekend Sunday paper media hysteria to the common or garden weekly variety of the same hysterical vilification of City?

I await the Champions League variation of the same reputational hatchet job......

You know, I cannot help feeling that the the aims of UEFA and the G14 are being achieved whatever the outcome of CAS etc as they effectively drag the name of City and the CFG through the mud.

Yes, I've seen this point made elsewhere.

Is there a word or phrase that could be used in summary of this situation that I've seen others state shouldn't be used as there's no case for it?