Football Media | Page 6 | Vital Football

Football Media

Geez. Is there no depth to how low they will go? Cretins is too kind. Effectively enjoying what could be a career threatening injury to a player? WTF? Their 'apology' sucks - the lack of sincerity is palpable. Disgraceful.....but typical.

As with all these situations....can you imagine the howls of outrage in the national media if the circumstances were reversed and this was City commenting on an injury to Salah or Mane etc?

Fake news and, as the Twitter replies indicate, reinforcing the belief amongst City fans of a deep seated agenda to smear the club and tarnish our reputation.

Embarrassed and clearly exposed, they have taken down the false report......

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...pool-James-Milner-Vincent-Kompany-testimonial

Too late guys.....stuff on the internet is not written in pencil. It is indelible and written in ink.

Not directly football related but following the Sun’s decision to trade in on Ben Stoke’s fame yesterday I for one will no longer open or post on here any links to their articles.

[QUOTE="Skoorb, post: 1996272, member: 4283"

Too late guys.....stuff on the internet is not written in pencil. It is indelible and written in ink.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that stuff on the internet is written in ink. Just saying.

[QUOTE="Skoorb, post: 1996272, member: 4283"

Too late guys.....stuff on the internet is not written in pencil. It is indelible and written in ink.

I'm not sure that stuff on the internet is written in ink. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

technically you are right Kenney but I am also sure you know exactly what Skoorb was pointing out that it had been written and some people had copied it before they tried to erase it.

The whole point as you know was to throw mud even though the writer was nowhere near the Etihad or anywhere near a TV Screen to see what he said was total bollux

I noted the downplaying of Saturday’s result on Sky’s Sunday Supplement by. Jonathan Liew of the Independent “We didn’t learn anything about City at the weekend”......

Really? Didn’t learn about the resilience to bounce back after an unexpected defeat? Didn’t learn about the professionalism of the players and their willingness to work their socks off for 90 minutes instead of sitting back and taking it easy when 5-0 up after 18 minutes? Would a Maureen team have done that (well alright they would have shut up shop at 1-0)?

I could go on he seemed to forget that our opponents came back from 2-0 down against Arsenal last weekend under their new manager. They could easily have been tougher opponents but we can only play against what is put in front of us.

It’s easy to say this was routine - but we haven’t put 8 past any other side in the PL before and could easily settled for less but didn’t

Watford had a immediate chance on the break, similar to Norwich's second, after the first goal.
Who knows what may've happened if it had gone in?

PS. I saw the BT wash up in Liverpool's loss to Napoli, and, it seemed to me, there was an element of sweep under the carpet and move on to it.

Jonathan Northcott summer up the position in Sky's Sunday Supplement - Liverpool provide greater access to the media, in doing so & in the knowledge that 'unfriendly' material could result in a loss of this access, the hacks are not inclined to bite the hand that feeds them. It was revealed that the same details about the scout system spying & the settlement had been known by journos in 2013. But they chose not to publish. This in essence was a case of 'catch and kill' - get the access to a story but effectively bury it and I am sure that the dippers were very grateful.

Jonathan Northcott summer up the position in Sky's Sunday Supplement - Liverpool provide greater access to the media, in doing so & in the knowledge that 'unfriendly' material could result in a loss of this access, the hacks are not inclined to bite the hand that feeds them. It was revealed that the same details about the scout system spying & the settlement had been known by journos in 2013. But they chose not to publish. This in essence was a case of 'catch and kill' - get the access to a story but effectively bury it and I am sure that the dippers were very grateful.

Simon Mullock of The Mirror claimed on Twitter that he had the story but was legalled out of publishing it by Liverpool's lawyers.