Football Media | Page 36 | Vital Football

Football Media

I don't want Haaland at City.

I mean, I think he's a huge tallent and would score lots of goals, but, given the whole media circus (and Haaland's agent) and the enormous financial demands, I think it would wreak havoc on the dressing room.

I want a striker who wants to be here, not someone who only plays for us because we are prepared to pay him (and his agent) the most money.

well said, if you sign for the club that you want to play for they will reward you enough if you are worth it., but not as you say going to the club that will pay the most money show zero loyality

well said, if you sign for the club that you want to play for they will reward you enough if you are worth it., but not as you say going to the club that will pay the most money show zero loyality
A career is short, clubs show little loyalty to players. Of course Haaland will want to be paid heaps, not sure that City is willing to pay a stupid amount plus his agent thought. Maybe Delap and Jesus are our future.

A career is short, clubs show little loyalty to players. Of course Haaland will want to be paid heaps, not sure that City is willing to pay a stupid amount plus his agent thought. Maybe Delap and Jesus are our future.
Actually, I think our club shows a lot of loyalty to its players.

Also, Haaland will be paid heaps wherever he plays - as do all international footballers. What I don't like is the way he seems to be auctioning himself to the highest bidder.

Maybe I'm wrong; maybe he's visiting clubs around Europe to see who has the most exciting 'footballing project'. However, I find it unlikely - especially given his agent.

Also, Haaland will be paid heaps wherever he plays - as do all international footballers. What I don't like is the way he seems to be auctioning himself to the highest bidder.

Maybe I'm wrong; maybe he's visiting clubs around Europe to see who has the most exciting 'footballing project'. However, I find it unlikely - especially given his agent.
I think you are spot on. He is touring around and being paraded as a sort of prize animal before a massive bidding war is generated. I know that everyone should look after their own interests and footballing careers are short but FFS this is all rather unsavoury and tasteless IMO. His agent could not give a flying :censor: about ‘footballing projects’ - if he did I think there would be only one real candidate. This is ALL about the money. That and nothing else.

I was not taking a poke at our beloved Club, just a general observation. When you deliver you get very well rewarded, but if you lose form with age/ injury clubs in general do what they can to get rid, send you out on loan, get you training with the youth team etc. As for agents, they try to get the best deal for the player and for themselves. The clubs choose to deal with them, so they reap what they sew