Football Media | Page 34 | Vital Football

Football Media

A dreadful litany of damage and hurt caused by cunning, deceitful and utterly wicked individuals. The club's response to the situation has been open, honest, thorough and focused entirely on the need to support those affected and on cooperation with the inquiries.

The differences in the reporting of this matter though is disappointing and worrying.

Not only has the link to the main report effectively vanished from the BBC Football page (I had to really look for it) but there is both a substantial difference in the coverage of the different clubs named. There are NO links on the BBC pages for Chelsea, Leicester or Aston Villa in relation to their involvement in this matter. None. Which I find strange especially as Chelsea have admitted failings and made arrangements to pay compensation.

Further the headline of the article on the MCFC page swhich states that the club’s response was inadequate implies that this is the current response (two inquiries, an admission of failings and establishment of a substantial compensation fund).

“Man City’s child sex abuse response ‘inadequate’ “

In fact the FA report is referring to the club’s response to the situation in the past when there was a blind eye turned to the suspicions. There is no doubt that the club made egregious errors of judgement in the past and should rightly be held to account, but once again I find that the nature of the reporting forms part of the consistent pattern of slanted coverage supporting the smearing of the club’s reputation.:punch:

Well said Skoorb, I was thinking exactly the same and the headline is directly aimed at Manchester City in an attempt not only to infer that what the Club are doing currently is inadequate, but we appear to be the only Club involved.

I have to say I immediately thought of this little scene from Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.........Capt Kirk is talking about Klingons but he could easily be talking about our attitude to UEFA.

Maybe not the dying part, that’s a bit extreme......but certainly the trust bit :LOL:

I have to say I immediately thought of this little scene from Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.........Capt Kirk is talking about Klingons but he could easily be talking about our attitude to UEFA.

Maybe not the dying part, that’s a bit extreme......but certainly the trust bit :LOL:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

They should deal with clubs that have enormous debts
Now that would be a novel approach :thumbup: Getting clubs to live within their means is not altogether a bad idea......ignoring those whose survival and success is dependent on eye-watering levels of leveraged debt has always been the elephant in UEFA's back yard.....

Now that would be a novel approach :thumbup: Getting clubs to live within their means is not altogether a bad idea......ignoring those whose survival and success is dependent on eye-watering levels of leveraged debt has always been the elephant in UEFA's back yard.....
They have to give up ffp because it is crippling clubs like Barca and Real Madrid who have been backed by the government for years, But the likes of PSG who simply must be paying ridiculous wages and silly money bust have found a way around ffp for years but we know the main aim was ourselves

They have to give up ffp because it is crippling clubs like Barca and Real Madrid who have been backed by the government for years, But the likes of PSG who simply must be paying ridiculous wages and silly money bust have found a way around ffp for years but we know the main aim was ourselves
PSG have definitely not been subject to the same smear campaigns as City