Football Media | Page 23 | Vital Football

Football Media

The players pay the agents here, and that’s how it should be. They serve their clients, and not the clubs. Why are the clubs paying agent fees? It makes no sense whatsoever.
I agree that is how it should be, but custom and practice in the UK is different. The Clubs could fix it, if they wanted to. Payments to parents, agents, and super agents with large stables of players all expect a cut from the Clubs.

A striking omission.

The phrase “bang average players earning £100,000 a week” made me feel rather ill. When your son works in an intensive care ward for a fraction of that A YEAR it does turn my stomach to near them bleating about how hard done by they are.....😡

“the nine clubs that have been in the league for the longest amount of time will have full control of the running of the league.”

Can anyone name these?

Off the top of my head - ever presents Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool, Chelsea at least.
Newcastle, City must be in the next tier. After that, struggling.

Villa, Hammers and Toons have more premier years than City, it looks like they are trying to freeze out City making us 10th

Last edited:
Unsurprising that Rick Parry is backing this carve up. Currently the chief of the EFL.....he was previously the CEO of Liverpool.

Unsurprising that Rick Parry is backing this carve up. Currently the chief of the EFL.....he was previously the CEO of Liverpool.
sorry I read that wrong, it is consecutive seasons and we are in there I think

Initial talks between Liverpool, United and the other "big six" clubs - Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea - have taken place, with hope an agreement can be reached.

"The plan calls for the nine clubs with the longest continued presence in the league, which includes the 'big six', to be given "long-term shareholder" status and the ability to make changes with the support of just six of the nine. "

On the face of it, I don't like the proposal, even though it is clearly in City's interests.
It has subtle wording, as they know if it didn't include us, we'd most likely vote against, and it also puts the likes of West Ham, Villa, and Newcastle in their 'place'.

Noticeable that the other four of the so called 'big six' were, it seems, not given a huge amount of notice, and there's a long piece about it in the Athletic.

The pompous self interest of the main protagonists is clear to see.