Football Media | Page 18 | Vital Football

Football Media

I've got a decision to make in September whether to renew or not a sub to the Athletic.
A lot of their content is very good, I find, and I'd be loathe to stop, but there are a couple of things I've read and heard in podcasts that have irritated me, principally that City are owned by a nation, or Abu Dhabi - almost as though Sheikh Mansour has disappeared.
The source of this irritation has engaged with me and others, and stated that it's his belief that this assertion is correct, but won't engage in discussion beyond that, so it seems pointless in referring to the public record in Companies House about City's ownership.

People like that are difficult to engage with - they have made their minds up and it can be intensely frustrating when solid evidence is ignored or they refuse to even entertain another point of view. The two choices appear to be .......continued engagement supported by information and asking him to explain his conclusions (the latter part often starts with bluster and then may descend into ‘taking my ball home’ behaviour when his arguments run out of steam).........or tell him to 🤬 off and cancel your subs. The latter is clearly the easier of the two options but if you enjoy the other content it would be a shame to miss out because the guy is a knob.

The two options outlined above are the heart of it.
The good part is a follow system, so there's no need to read the content of journos you don't want to.
Equally, and this has happened in my case, you read or hear content from a journo you previously had no issue with, a *problem* arises, and they then go on an ignore list.

Can't read this (pay wall), don't want to read it (would make me sick) but get ready everyone for the steaming avalanche if sycophantic horsesh1t that will follow this in the weeks to come 🤢🤢🤢

Liverpool winning the Premier League will be a golden moment, wherever and however it happens

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...g-premier-league-will-golden-moment-wherever/

Well on the plus side they will win it in an empty stadium so those jumping up and down in front of the fireworks, the singing 'champions' in an unusual accent will seem even more forced than usual. There will be no element of surprise, no last minute heroics, just an empty stadium with a disinterested (assuming it's won outside of Anfield) tannoy announcement and then everyone will go home. Yes plaudits will reign down on them, mainly from Alyson Rudd in the Times but an air of inevitability hangs heavily over the seasons finale. Plus we are then straight into the CL (assuming we can finish off the job against RM) and then back into a new campaign so Liverpools ultras/media won't have time to bask in any reflected glory. Our main domestic concern (apart from putting the FA Cup over the mantelpiece) is hoping that Liverpool don't beat our points total.

So cheer up, it could be a lot worse...

I don't think he's been sacked - just moved out of the number one position. He's said at it stands he'll still be working for ITV as their number two.

Yep. Just because you’re not paranoid it doesn’t mean that they’re not out to get you.

The very fact that this group of clubs had the thought of getting together to form some collective action against a rival club? WTF? How is this considered viable behaviour by the Premier League. Working together, collaborating to restrict the ability of a rival to compete? Seriously?

The more I reflect on the comments from Klopp and Maureen the more it makes my blood boil :mad::censor:

Last edited:
Yep. Just because you’re not paranoid it doesn’t mean that they’re not out to get you.

The very fact that this group of clubs had the thought of getting together to form some collective action against a rival club? WTF? How is this considered viable behaviour by the Premier League. Working together, collaborating to restrict the ability of a rival to compete? Seriously?

The more I reflect on the comments from Klopp and Maureen the more it makes my blood boil :mad::censor:
The CAS has made a decision, Liverpool and Co can moan all they like, nothing will come of it.

Just in case anyone missed the bitter comments from Klopp, Maureen and (presumably embarrassed) Arteta

Man City: Premier League managers react to overturned Europe ban https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/53405524

In typical BBC reporting they fail to say ‘some Premier League managers’ 🤯
apparently Oily and Arteta were more diplomatic and Wolves have backed away from the hateful 8

apparently Oily and Arteta were more diplomatic and Wolves have backed away from the hateful 8
I expected it from Yew night ted and Livershit, but Wolves and Newcastle are freaking insane for supporting the other idiots. Do they really think the cabal is going to let them in? And Chelski, they have a pair on them! A club with no history, that was literally made with oil money, trying to prevent anyone else from doing the same? It's time to really buckle down, and start kicking some asses.

Rags, LiVARpool, Arsenal - the old guard who see themselves as 'European Royalty' so zero surprise about them. They want to deny anyone else access and are taking the other clubs for mugs.
Spurs - well, they have aspirations but are falling flat on their face under Moaning Maureen but think we have taken 'their' slot;
Chelsea? WTF? Some front for sure (don't get me started on how City won the FA cup some 65 years before they did...) - Samuel sums them up perfectly. Levered their way in using ill gotten gains following the rise of the oligarchs in Russia - if you want to talk about 'sports-washing' .......Hypocrisywrit large.
Leicester - we're in their way. Spurs lite.
Newcastle - taken for mugs. With their takeover in the balance (although how Mohammed bin Salman could ever hope to pass 'fit and proper owner' test beggars belief - journalists at their press conferences better watch their step....). They should be careful what they wish for - the Gang of Four have used you and will come after you next.
Burnley? Having a laugh.

Newcastle - taken for mugs. With their takeover in the balance (although how Mohammed bin Salman could ever hope to pass 'fit and proper owner' test beggars belief - journalists at their press conferences better watch their step....). They should be careful what they wish for - the Gang of Four have used you and will come after you next.

Taksin Sinatra passed it and wasn't he of interest to Amnesty? - I don't think anyone really cares where the money comes from as long as you've got it.