Football Media | Page 17 | Vital Football

Football Media

In reply to you both, the 'others' I was referring to may not view this forum, but what I was alluding to was a word beginning and ending with the letter 'a'.

BBC news article this lunchtime covering the subject of the FA decision to ban children heading the ball in training.....

Naturally of course the item contained several clips of players heading the ball in competitive matches. Of all the hundreds of video clips they could have chosen to end the piece they used............

......Wigan's headed goal Vs City in the 2012 FA cup final. Hmmmm 🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-51614088

That's an attack on the fans, I didn't expect them to stoop this low.

Oooh, nothing is beneath them I am sure.

This is just a continuation of the same campaign & strategy to muddy the waters of the appeal. They know they are going to face a sh*storm of booing at the Etihad and so they have opted to smear the fans now and paint them and the club as troublemakers. Thus is intended to get coverage and plant a seed in the minds of the CAS panel.

Dirty tricks. I can't blame them for not wanting to face the opprobrium of the fans face to face so the action itself is fine. Leaking it to the media however....now that is low and is intended to sow the seed that they might be physically at risk which is below the belt.

So 8 out of the last 9 domestic trophies. Imagine the fuss that would be being made if this achievement had been by the dippers or JoMU, something which neither club have ever achieved (as Pep highlighted yesterday).

Since we started to win, the last nine [domestic] competitions we played, we won eight," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"That is awesome. No club before in the history of domestic trophies, not counting Europe, won the amount of titles in a row we have won.

"Not even the biggest Liverpool in the 80s, the biggest Manchester United with Sir Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho, or Arsene Wenger [with Arsenal).

"These clubs were amazing but were never able to win in the last nine titles, domestic eight."

Interestingly on Sky’s Sunday Supplement yesterday one of the talking heads did actually acknowledge that the club’s recent successes and especially those last season had not be given the credit nor attention they deserved. About time someone said that.

That is an outstanding read - measured, rational & logical in its dismantling of the negative narrative we have been facing:tophat:

Thank you for posting this BD.

The argument regarding UAE investment has been logged and may well be used in the future in conversations with Arsenal fans especially or any other trolls.

I can however think of one City fan who hankers for the "good old days" - David Conn. He does seem to have gone over to the dark side and is more of a snake in the grass now imo. I have yet to complete his book Richer Than God (publish 2012) but already the impression is he wasn't a fan of the (then) burgeoning success. More recently he seems rather happy the club is getting battered.