Football Media 21/22 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Football Media 21/22

Taken from the BBC's timeline.

8:06
Early start for 2022-23 season
Simon Stone
BBC Sport

The Premier League are planning to start the 2022-23 season a week earlier than normal and finish a week later to accommodate a winter World Cup in Qatar.

Clubs will be shown an outline calendar at this morning's shareholders’ meeting.

The expectation is that the league will start on 6 August and end on 28 May, with the FA Cup and Champions League finals to follow.

Although nothing has been agreed yet, football chiefs have been wrestling with the calendar, knowing the World Cup runs from 21 November to 18 December.

Fifa has already stipulated that players must be released on 14 November. That would have taken out seven rounds of Premier League games and the final two Champions League group stage matches from this season’s calendar.

It is understood Uefa are planning to complete the group stage of next season’s competition before the World Cup, which will create heavier fixture congestion, similar to that experienced last term, which started late due to the effects of the complete shutdown in 2019-20.

The final Premier League fixtures would take place on 12 and 13 November, with the competition restarting on 26 December, with the traditional Boxing Day programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58648025

They don't mention that this is the 3rd home game within 7 days and neither do they mention the attendance against Southampton, convenient only to quote the lower gates
Information which inconveniently does not fit the chosen narrative and as such is ignored.

Geez is right. WTF? Says something when the first people to respond are wearing riot gear and carrying riot shields and carrying batons. The charge seems about right - it’s what would happen if he undertook such an unprovoked assault on the high street on any Saturday night.
In a free society every one should have the right to decide what goes into their bodies, footballers are no different

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...pes-rocked-five-players-refuse-Covid-jab.html

I agree, sort of and up to a point. Leaving aside the greater good and protecting the public and the public protecting each other - how would you feel if half a dozen City players caught it on the eve of a final and it turned out none had had their jabs but the yoof team players who were going to replace them had? For the completists out there I've had both jabs and am awaiting my booster sometime soon.

Another dig at us with the Club vs Country old chestnut. My view, Red Kev would have made the decision. Ok he later regretted, but he is a grown man and many players play with jabs as a matter of course in many sports

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/de-...nswer-after-manchester-city-stars-confession/
He was foolish and regrets his decision. Who of us hasn't been in that position? It was a major championship and he was desperate to contribute to his country's effort which clouded his better judgement. He isn't the first but one might have thought this was a thing of the past. His manager should have known better - he has played the game, he would have had the experience to know what needing two injections meant.

And yes - another cheap shot by the now standard laptop 'journalist' driven by his employer's business model to generate clicks and views. Very sad

It is going to be fascinating to see how the media reacts and portrays the proposed takeover at Newcastle. Will they be subject to the same negative headlines and general "how dare they be so f*cking lucky" garbage that underpinned so much of the coverage City and our owners have faced.

It is going to be fascinating to see how the media reacts and portrays the proposed takeover at Newcastle. Will they be subject to the same negative headlines and general "how dare they be so f*cking lucky" garbage that underpinned so much of the coverage City and our owners have faced.
Newcastle fans wont care about the jibes, good luck to them. With FFF it will be difficult to improve rapidly and they could get relegated this season with only Jan to bring in fresh boots

I'm excited to see who their Robinho 'look at us now!!!' signing is plus the equivalent short term Adebayor/RSC/Jo signings and the Mangualan spaffing money in the wind are!

Hope they don't come in for Bernardo in January to make chances for their new Number 9, Local Hero and freshly crowned King of the Gallowgate, Mister 'Arry Kane!!!!

Newcastle fans wont care about the jibes, good luck to them. With FFF it will be difficult to improve rapidly and they could get relegated this season with only Jan to bring in fresh boots

I think they will have to spend over the odds for players in January just like we had too, but the difference is that they have to spend or surely they will go down.

I guess the first to go will be Steve Bruce and bring in Zinedine Zidane