Football Media 21/22 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Football Media 21/22

Right on cue……..the BBC prove Pep is right.

Turned on the news this morning and at the top of the sports bulletin these are the words used:-

“Liverpool have the chance to go level on points with Manchester City at the top of the Premier League”​
For the last few weeks now EVERY time they have played before City it has been eagerly, breathlessly reported how LiverpoolTMFailed had gone top of the Premier League once their match was concluded and before we player. EVERY time.

Today the silent of the report is how they will go “level on points“ rather than remain in second place on goal difference.

FFS.

I would bet the house that had the match sequence and positions be reversed this would have been reported as “If they win City will remain in second place behind the leaders Liverpool on Goal Difference“

In the same report the usual Transfer Fee Inflation Bullshit has started with them opting to report the potential fee for Harland in $ rather than £.

Why?

Becasue the number is bigger that way. :rolleyes:

…..and it continues on Sky Sports News. What a surprise. Not.

Reporting on the potential deal their report went through the following process to do everything possible to inflate the size of the deal to make sure it paints City, once again, as the profligate, overspending “Rich Oil Club’ narrative they have been pushing now for over a decade……

…they will get him for a fee of around £64m ….but as out chief reporter Kaveri Solhekol explains it is going to cost Manchester City a lot more than that…..”
And then the Transfer Fee Inflation Bullshit began….​
It’s going to cost Manchester City a lot more than that when you …errr…factor in how much they are going to have to invest in this deal……of course
€75m release clause that is about £64m that has to be paid in one lump sum but then you have to the commissions that are due on the deal as well to his representatives AND you have to make him one of the best paid players in the world. I think somebody like Haaland is going to be paid probably £400k a week and when you add all that up into a four or five year deal and you’re talking about an investment of about £200-£250m.
So I know the actual Transfer fee release clause sounds very cheap when you consider what a great player he is and he is so young as well so he’s going to have resale value in the future BUT WE DO HAVE TO FACTOR EVERYTHING ELSE IN - the wages and the commissions due”
Honest to God do they pull this Bullshit stunt with ANY OTHER CLUB”S transfers? I don’t think so. Why not throw in his subscriptione to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Playstation Magazine whilst you’re at it? Did they do this when the rags bought Wunderkind and abject failure Jason Sancho? Nope. Just supplication at hos the rags were “investing in one of England’s brightest talents“ I suspect.

:mad:

FFS

THEN they went on to discuss the deal with Jurgen Fucking Klopp? WTF? He does what he always does and sneakily stuffs in a comment about “this sets transfer fees at a new level” thus fuelling the “City are buying the league and LOOK at HOW MUCH THEY ARE SPENDING“ alarm.

They might as well shout “It’s NOT fair! Why should they sign such a good player”?

:rant:

The Premier League could secure a fifth Champions League spot every season even under watered down post-2024 reforms being approved by Uefa on Tuesday.

In response to a fan backlash and warnings of another Super League via the back door, club executives binned plans for new places based on clubs' performances over five years.

Instead, under plans being ratified on Tuesday afternoon in Vienna, two extra spots will be awarded to nations who collectively performed best in Europe. This season, for example, that would mean an extra Champions League team each for England and Holland. In four of the last five years, England would have secured a fifth place.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ould-secure-fifth-champions-league-spot-every

I am not quite sure the examples Pep cites are all on target aside from Liverpool in the 1970s (in fact the interviewer offers up JoMU in the 90s which is ironic) but the point remains the same....... it's always about the money when City spend as if all other successful clubs recruited their squads from the scruffy 8 year olds kicking cans around the side streets of their city and nurtured them through their tender years into top notch players (it's well known that Fergie grew the Class of '92 {or whatever} from embryos in special gestation chambers at the JoMU training ground :geek:).......

Hallelujah. :jangel:

We not alone in recognising the selective memories and institutional bias being witnessed over the reporting of the Haaland transfer ever. They even stole my Netflix subscription comment :wagging: :ROFLMAO:

The clip of the muppet Solhekol on Sky is a classic if bending the numbers to suit the narrative.

The £200m Erling Haaland nonsense that helps prove Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City point

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-200m-haaland-nonsense-guardiola-manchester-city-point

Last night's result will be causing certain media hacks and pundits to be desperately grinding their teeth as City move ever closer to pissing on the Liverpool ™failed Big Quad Party that they all SO long for .......:nerner:

BBC’s MoTD Goal of the season…….how in hell was Bernardo’s goal against Villa in December not one of the ten options? WTF. It was one of the best Premier League goals ever but not fit apparently to displace any of the three LiverpoolTMfailed goals. Or even the Dias goal from that game. At least as good as some of the other strikes in their selection. :surrender:

(And had they not needed to make their selection before the final games surely Rodri’s laser-like ‘eye of a needle’ finish yesterday would have deserved recognition. What a finish that was :clap:

BBC’s MoTD Goal of the season…….how in hell was Bernardo’s goal against Villa in December not one of the ten options? WTF. It was one of the best Premier League goals ever but not fit apparently to displace any of the three LiverpoolTMfailed goals. Or even the Dias goal from that game. At least as good as some of the other strikes in their selection. :surrender:

(And had they not needed to make their selection before the final games surely Rodri’s laser-like ‘eye of a needle’ finish yesterday would have deserved recognition. What a finish that was :clap:

Yes it was a fabulous goal by the 'Doctor' and I think they did not bring into account any of yesterday's goals, but I do think they got the right goal sadly Salad's against us

I am not going to post a link here because it reeks of a smacked arse from the Irish Independent namely a Bill Kerr who says that City are overrated and it still irks that people say that Liverpool's 92 points was good enough to win 3 Premier Leagues while failing to mention that City's 100 points was good enough to win them all, but I remember the league happened to be weak that particular season

BBC lunchtime news Going Large on the pitch encroachment and the attempted murder of the Villa keeper.

I do not wish to downplay the seriousness of the scenes at the end of yesterday’s match - people should not have entered the playing area (& were asked not to……but we all knew it would happen given the circumstances) - but I can’t shake the feeling that this is payback from the Dippers (&/or Rags) in the BBC editorial team who decided to highlight this. The wanton damage to the goal was out of order and those who were encouraging children to climb onto the netting or the crossbar should be ashamed of themselves.

I think that the club actually had a well rehearsed plan to deploy stewards onto the pitch to assist and protect the players as best they could and also did a good job creating a ‘sterile area’ in front of the dugouts and tunnel……and I am not sure that there was anything malicious in the contacts made with Olsen as he left the pitch. From the footage it looks to me as if the incidents were accidental as fans ran past with their arms raised and not paying too much attention. One even collides with a steward helping Olsen and sends them both to the turf.

I hope I am not wrong but it does have the whiff of bitterness about it. They have put it as THE main article at the top of the City page in their football section…..