Football Media 21/22 | Page 21 | Vital Football

Football Media 21/22

Yet again, the media’s take on today’s results downplay City. We thrash Leeds 0:4 and the dippers scrape a 0:1 at Newcastle but we are still, and always will be, damned with faint praise.

Yet again, the media’s take on today’s results downplay City. We thrash Leeds 0:4 and the dippers scrape a 0:1 at Newcastle but we are still, and always will be, damned with faint praise.
Of course. The narrative is set.

Their pursuit by the Immortals of the Fabled Quadruple is not tor be undermined by questions about how much their players cost or whether it’s fair that any one club should win every trophy available (there was always a hint of this whenever we were in the running for all four) ……it is to be lauded as the mark of a Magnificent Team by a Proper Club…..you know…..one with ‘history’.

Oh ….by the way……when is the pressure back on Liverpool in this quest? Never. The pressure is ALWAYS on City. When we lead the table by a point “the pressure is on City” ……when we are two point behind because of the staggered kick off times …..the pressure is on City. When we regain the lead …..the pressure is on City. NEVER on the team that is constantly fighting to keep up!

Of course. The narrative is set.

Their pursuit by the Immortals of the Fabled Quadruple is not tor be undermined by questions about how much their players cost or whether it’s fair that any one club should win every trophy available (there was always a hint of this whenever we were in the running for all four) ……it is to be lauded as the mark of a Magnificent Team by a Proper Club…..you know…..one with ‘history’.

Oh ….by the way……when is the pressure back on Liverpool in this quest? Never. The pressure is ALWAYS on City. When we lead the table by a point “the pressure is on City” ……when we are two point behind because of the staggered kick off times …..the pressure is on City. When we regain the lead …..the pressure is on City. NEVER on the team that is constantly fighting to keep up!

Yes, I noticed that. Pressure if we are on top, pressure if they play first etc.
Although I do not watch Klipperty's pressers, does anyone ask him if he feels the pressure. He signs a contract extension and they ask Pep does that put pressure on Him (Pep).

They simply cater for the bigger fan base, but I was looking at the BBC comments on our game yesterday and thumbs up to thumbs down, when we scored thumbs down was nearly 6000, by the time we scored the second that was down to about 3500 lol

I think Pep is playing a blinder with the media these days. Refuses to be baited; always has a good answer to deflect them as he sees their shallow game to seek out any crack and generate a story and click bait.

Reminds me of 2012 when Mancini conceded the title and completely confounded the hacks and pundits ….and then his team stuck it to them.

Well done Pep and the media team in their prep :clap:

Tonight The BBC started out with luvapOool have won 42 games this season only three clubs have won more Everton 43 Manchester United 44 and Manchester City 44 , 47, 50 they did give the dates but I thought it was hilarious I bet they wished they had not posted that.

Doubtless the media will go bonkers for 18 hrs should Spurs (as usual) fail to turn up at Anfield. If only they could pull their fingers out with a performance like they put in at the Etihad eh? :shake: Useless bunch of :censor:

Doubtless the media will go bonkers for 18 hrs should Spurs (as usual) fail to turn up at Anfield. If only they could pull their fingers out with a performance like they put in at the Etihad eh? :shake: Useless bunch of :censor:

Spurs are a fully signed up member of the hateful8(9) and will definitely roll over big style, it really is in our own hands

MoTD emanating a palpable sense of disappointment when analysing the dippers draw. They seem gutted.