Football Media 21/22 | Page 23 | Vital Football

Football Media 21/22

Cancel the last bit. It has been displaced. …..by an article on Benjamin Mendy pleading not guilty to the charges laid against him.

You can install the app and get a free 7 day trial ....but I can't be asked (it usually gets difficult to opt out!).....

.. but without reading it I can well believe it.

What gets me is Taggart is always held up as one of the greatest managers....BUT no one ever talks about what his lasting legacy on the way football has been/is played or about playing 'his' way. What would be his :style' of play anyway? (Apart from bullying officials)

Pep will have left a lasting impact on how the game has been viewed - one example.....having keepers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet giving teams an 'extra' player, stretching the pitch and making more space to move the ball forward. And we all know how sceptical the pundits were about that when he arrived.

A disgrace each and every one of those choices.

Eddie Howe deserved it more this season than Klipperty.

But they would have said that Eddie bought his way out of relegation whereas Klipperty's did not cost him anything and I cannot believe that they are giving Klipperty praise for changing the face of football or adding his name along with Pep, but I think people are aware of who the real genius is (I still wonder how many players we had tagged in our computer were snatched by the Liverpool™failed hack)

Football Media Blackout is activated :bag: :walkman: :gimp: as everyone goes gaga for The People’s Champions in a way that was singularly absent last season for the CL final. 🤢

Last edited:
I did notice on Monday that the Lead was JoMU's new Manager and not City's Title win. IF it had been Liverpool, they would have got top billing.
Ah …the old Zaphod Beeblebrox trick eh?

Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses have been specially designed to help people develop a relaxed attitude to danger. At the first hint of trouble, they turn totally black and thus prevent you from seeing anything that might alarm you”
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Rags and their media friends have been wearing these for the past five seasons now as they realise that the ‘Sheik’s Plaything’ theory is a fantasy that has been propping them up for quite some time now.

So, how did we let him go? His contract was up. Good luck to the lad in Germany.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../braaf-city-dortmund-transfer-sancho-24087127
They always seen keen to stress the “let this gem of a player go’ angle whilst ignoring that sometimes the player themselves might, just might, have some part in the decision to leave :rolleyes:

The MEN seems particularly down on City right now - saw another PURE speculation piece about the ‘madness of letting Zinchenko go’ and yet offering only tenuous reference to either City’s or Olek’s views on this piece of speculative fiction. The Transfer Rumour Twilight “Let’s Make Shit’ Up Zone is well and truly ramping up……

Braafe was not showing the showing the faith we had in him and we have had him on the physio table for quite a while and rather than loan him out he has gone, but I if he does start to shine I am sure we could have something like a buy back clause