Football Manager/ FIFA | Vital Football

Football Manager/ FIFA

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13556

Anyone on here play to pass some time during lockdown or play in general? Im still a big fan and playing enjoying Football Manager 16 as its my favourite one! Good to manage small clubs and try to improve them rather than focusing on a big club! Just starting out with St.Albans City of National South to get them in the EFL!

I used to play FM, had to keep deleting it though, as I have absolutely zero willpower to stop playing. Keep telling myself that playing a couple of matches a day, I could get through a season every month, but find it impossible to stick to playing just 2 matches a day.

I play FM, currently FM20.

Always start with Gills, got sacked after the first season. Liberty. Quarantine. The new normal. Stay Alert. Go to work. Don’t go to work. Scally out.

Anyway, I went back to work and got a job with Luton who were in the championship. Got them promoted after a couple of seasons and kept them up. Resigned, got a job with West Ham. Currently on course to finish 5th and hopefully win the Uefa cup or whatever it's called these days.

They built brexit into the game so I wonder how they will build the pandemic into the next version- if there is one- surely they can't ignore it.

FM reminds me of work in a weird way- stats, gambling on an outcome etc. Probably why I like it. I also struggle to sit and watch anything on TV without something else to occupy myself so it works quite well.

I used to play FM, had to keep deleting it though, as I have absolutely zero willpower to stop playing. Keep telling myself that playing a couple of matches a day, I could get through a season every month, but find it impossible to stick to playing just 2 matches a day.
I just stopped playing football manager years ago after i too geg totally addicted. Absolutely impossible to be a responsible adult with social life and kids when you own that game.

During isolation ive played tonnes of fifa. My kids do the ultimate team so we all do it together.

I also been playing a bunch of retro games from when i was growing up. I downloaded sim city and completed that fairly quickly. And age of empires was interesting for a bit. Ive been playing a lot of two point hospital which is the modern version of theme hospital. That game can go on for hours.

Ive even taken up fortnite in the last 2 days for a laugh just so i can get good enough to wind my 12 year old up as he and his chums think they are the dogs goolies at it (they arent).

During isolation ive played tonnes of fifa. My kids do the ultimate team so we all do it together.

I'd been playing quite a bit of FIFA too, up until about 2 weeks ago. Qualified for the Weekend League, played 30 games over the course of the weekend, and seem to have done some kind of injury to my left thumb as a result, so have had to give it a rest.

Probably a sign, I'm too old for this kind of thing.

With Football Manager I have to set up from scratch with tactics, training and play the full match! Always good when a formation works that you have set up yourself!

With Football Manager I have to set up from scratch with tactics, training and play the full match! Always good when a formation works that you have set up yourself!

Training was always too much of a pain for me, always used to leave that to the coaches

FM for me. Currently in my third season as Gills. Sitting 9th in the Championship with a game to go. The board are happy that we’re now an established Championship side a year ahead of schedule. Won League one in the first season staying unbeaten throughout. Side was pretty much our side now but with Ryan Edmondson on loan from Leeds who got 23 goals. Think we had 112 points or something. I take pictures/screenshots as I go so I’ll post the progress.

After winning the league in the first season

Attachments

• 4B2984F9-175B-48F7-A6D4-FBAC60DBE9D0.jpeg
    4B2984F9-175B-48F7-A6D4-FBAC60DBE9D0.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 14
Training was always too much of a pain for me, always used to leave that to the coaches

Takes a long to set up if you start from scratch! Always challenging when you have a striker who you want to train as a false 9 and play deeper!

I usually play a 4-1-2-3 formation!
Back 4 with 2 wing backs, deep playmaker in front of the centre halves, 2 central midfielders, one in a box to box role, the other an advanced playmaker, the front 3 consists of a false 9, 2 advanced wide players who play as inside forwards! No out and out attacking players, just plenty of support play! Very much possession based!

Long term FM (and formerly Champ Man) addict here, bought FM20 during lockdown (and spent the first two hours looking up Gills players past and present) , but have returned to FM17 where I am on the verge of a second successive promotion with Hereford.

I love a challenge so usually either edit or download a database that will give me the entire pyramid down to levels 9/10, so I can start with the likes of Sheppey Utd or Sittingbourne. Quite like the occasional French save with Calais or an Italian one with San Marino Calcio.

I have never started a save as Gills boss because I'm so anal I know I'd be unable to manage them without deferring to what was happening in real life. I have previously joined them a few seasons into a save before, usually after most of the real life players have moved on.

I dread to think how many precious hours of my brief existence I have wasted playing FM, but goddamn if a last minute winner in a crucial game doesn't have me leaping off the sofa as if it were Gills in real life.

Long term FM (and formerly Champ Man) addict here, bought FM20 during lockdown (and spent the first two hours looking up Gills players past and present) , but have returned to FM17 where I am on the verge of a second successive promotion with Hereford.

I love a challenge so usually either edit or download a database that will give me the entire pyramid down to levels 9/10, so I can start with the likes of Sheppey Utd or Sittingbourne. Quite like the occasional French save with Calais or an Italian one with San Marino Calcio.

I have never started a save as Gills boss because I'm so anal I know I'd be unable to manage them without deferring to what was happening in real life. I have previously joined them a few seasons into a save before, usually after most of the real life players have moved on.

I dread to think how many precious hours of my brief existence I have wasted playing FM, but goddamn if a last minute winner in a crucial game doesn't have me leaping off the sofa as if it were Gills in real life.

Always manage outside the football league then its more of an achievement to reach the EFL!

Don't go quite that far down myself, but used to start either in National League north or south, or occasionally in the Spanish 2ºB (the 4-division, 80-club 3rd tier in Spain)

Subbuteo was more my level. Still got 2 teams, so if I did ever play it again it's 1970s Gills v Brazil (with wire goalkeepers!)

Erm....so I may be a bit of a Subbuteo addict too...got a whole stadium in the loft, plus all the extras and dozens of teams. A few years ago I was off work for a bit and set to work -painting nearly 1000 supporters as well as sorting out an "away end" as pictured (yes, the segregation netting is from a bag of satsumas).:ROFLMAO:
DSC00870.JPG

Erm....so I may be a bit of a Subbuteo addict too...got a whole stadium in the loft, plus all the extras and dozens of teams. A few years ago I was off work for a bit and set to work -painting nearly 1000 supporters as well as sorting out an "away end" as pictured (yes, the segregation netting is from a bag of satsumas).:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 39528

That is superb, Herr!

I love the innovation and resourcefulness of the satsuma netting. Absolutely brilliant!

I used to love subbuteo when I was a child, I had the "astroturf" pitch which was superior to playing on the standard cloth. *taps nose*