Football Manager 21 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Football Manager 21

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
No better than we’ve already got.

How realistic is this game? Has woodgate still got that permanent thigh injury he had for 10 years?

You say no better than we already have, but this is 2022-23 season! I expect he is fine as he retired from
playing 5 years ago!

Currently in Jan 2025 on my save. With Swansea, mid-table in the Prem in my second season at that level. Started off with Mansfield, went up but jumped to then Championship Swansea after about 18 months. Missed the play-offs (by a point!), then finished second. Gills got promoted (!) in season one but Evans was sacked with the club in 24th and on about 10 points the next march and replaced by one of my old Mansfield players in James Perch. He had two mid-table finishes but with the club in the relegation zone they've turned to Nigel Pearson to keep them up. Also, Scally left. Didn't notice at the time but did when he popped up leading a proposed consortium wanting to buy Swansea!

I believe that Stephen Constantine, who was briefly linked with the Gills once, used to assess players for FM. Not sure if he still does. Danny and Nicky Cowley, who used to manage Lincoln together, joked after they won promotion back to League Tow, that their mum told them off for playing too much FM when they were youngsters. So the game definitely has its benefits!

Can you still cheat by replaying the game until you win? 😁 I’m tempted to play it again but know I’ll waste too many hours!

I believe that Stephen Constantine, who was briefly linked with the Gills once, used to assess players for FM. Not sure if he still does. Danny and Nicky Cowley, who used to manage Lincoln together, joked after they won promotion back to League Tow, that their mum told them off for playing too much FM when they were youngsters. So the game definitely has its benefits!

Can you still cheat by replaying the game until you win? 😁 I’m tempted to play it again but know I’ll waste too many hours!
You certainly can!

I once sold Tom Eaves to Real Madird for £100M, plus a friendly and 50% of his next onward sale!

That paid for lots of improvements at GFC.

You certainly can!

I once sold Tom Eaves to Real Madird for £100M, plus a friendly and 50% of his next onward sale!

That paid for lots of improvements at GFC.

They once offered to build a statue of me in Redfern Avenue after retaining the Premier League. I could never quite win the Champions League final though, despite numerous repeats of the game 😁

They once offered to build a statue of me in Redfern Avenue after retaining the Premier League. I could never quite win the Champions League final though, despite numerous repeats of the game 😁
Take control of the other team for one game and play the youth / recovering from injury players. 15-0!

Ah savescumming :shake: If you intend to boast about your success then make sure you allow yourself to lose sometimes and it is more convincing if you lose to the bottom side and draw with some of the promotion rivals. Or so a friend told me 😁

Well hot damn, set a game running away at Macclesfield (3rd) with my Hednesford (19th) side, 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go, double sub, switch mentality to attacking and leave the room to help the kids finish their jigsaw puzzle.

Just come back and we've won 2-3, winner in the 90th minute. That will do nicely. 😁

Never been tempted to cheat or replay games even with play off defeats! Determined to get Chesterfield back in the Football League!

Never been tempted to cheat or replay games even with play off defeats! Determined to get Chesterfield back in the Football League!
That's the best bit of it. There's no way I could handle getting beat in the playoffs/cup final after a full season of work and effort to get to that position if i couldn't replay it. no way!

That's the best bit of it. There's no way I could handle getting beat in the playoffs/cup final after a full season of work and effort to get to that position if i couldn't replay it. no way!

That has never bothered me! I just look at it as how do I improve my team with the budget I have? Do I need to change tactics etc? Thats the fun of it! I play the games in real time too with no edit so plenty of hours go in to each season! I do sometimes let the game flow and not watch whats going on knowing it will automatically pause if there is an injury!

Finished the 22-23 season and pleased to say I have Chesterfield back in the Football League! Also, as this season has ended Steve Evans has taken over as manager of Ipswich Town!