Football manager 2014 | Vital Football

Football manager 2014

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
For all of you that play football manager, here you can discuss who you're managing, bought and progress.

I've just finished my first season with Grimsby and got them promoted to the football league. Finished top of the shrill prem with 106 points.

Anyone else playing it?.
:20:

I started playing football manager 2012 a few weeks ago but gave up after a few days when I played it one all day and night until 4am and I realised I was playing it too much.

First time I havent bought FM since 2006...

I put way too much time into it and its not good for me...

I think my crowning achievement was in FM2013 winning the Champions League inside 5 years with Cordoba... I had a very strong starting 11 but I barely had the squad to compete on all fronts... I somehow managed to beat City on penalties in the final and winning the league by 5 points...

Iv made similar achievements with other teams but this is the one I was most proud of...

im currentley in league 2. Losing most games but im building my team up gradually (sound familier?) then next season im going to go for it! just have to avoid relegation in the meantime

Finished 6th with villa.....bought too many players the following summer and ended up getting relegated!

Started again with Hereford United. Currently 3rd in the skrill prem 5 games gone. Not bad. Hereford are shit... Though I've shipped out a shed load of players.

Barney2004 - 30/12/2013 16:45

im currentley in league 2. Losing most games but im building my team up gradually (sound familier?) then next season im going to go for it! just have to avoid relegation in the meantime

and thus the mystery of Paul Lambert's vision is revealed.... sorry I couldn't resist it :17:

Still playing as Hereford. Finished 2nd in the skrill prem in my first season. Lost in the bloody playoffs against forest green!

Used to be proper addicted to Footy Manager, but haven't really played it since FM2010.

I found it just got too overly complicated and took too long to complete a season, plus my laptop was wank which didn't help.

Hoping to get a new laptop at some point, so might try and get back into it.

deano its good on the ipad ... or even your phone. I find myself playing it for hours wich is the only down side to the game.

However, im in my second season with Hereford... 19 games in and 2nd in the league. 9 points off top.

haha... what i tend to do is play with a lower league team... grimsby, herefore, kiddy, luton etc. Look for loan deals and expired contracts and bring them up the leagues. 2014 seem a bit harder. In 2013 i bought solihull up to the championship... couldnt for the life of me take them any further!!

good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Wrexham is a good team to start with if you want to play lower league.

Playing in the prem is boring IMO

kiddy is a good choice mate... they have some decent players already... just need to look for loans to get you through. Asante from bham is a good loan deal.... he scores goals mate. Scored 40 for me :35: worth a look :35:

Seem to get lucky. Each season there are about 3/4 youth players with the likes of Dover, who are Prem class at 15/16/17. Snap them up for peanuts and then make them into the finished article.