Football legends Alzheimer's battle | Vital Football

Football legends Alzheimer's battle

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2437443/Jimmy-Hill-85-revealed-suffering-dementia-legal-battle-erupts-assets.html

Very sad

It is very sad and Jimmy's children would be better visiting their father while they can rather than worrying about how much cash they are going to inherit. It always astonishes me on how selfish people can be.

Families eh?! Still, I don't know all the details and don't intend to pretend I've got them all from the Daily Mail.

But sad news for Jimmy. Horrible horrible way to fade away.

True J it is a newspaper article so caution should be taken over the details. I just know I would give anything just to have ten minutes with my father.

I feel so much for Jimmy & his family. My dear late Mom had Alzheimer disease. We were 'fortunate' (note the '' ) that it was all over in 3 years.

The majority lived for donkies years with it. It is no life. It is a horrible horrible illness that strips the person of everything.

I feel for those who don't have decent families around them to ensure there dignity and needs are kept right to the end. We did this with Mom. A social worker told us we were 1 of a few.

When Mom had to go in a nursing home after she broke her leg (in respite too) because there was no way we could look after her had home, I prayed to beable to keep her local to us, which we did. Mom was 5 minutes walk from us and 1 of my friends is a nurse in the care home.

Thank goodness it was only 10 weeks Mom had in the nursing home. Mom's last words to me 6 weeks before she died were 'I will be glad when this is over' We were blessed Mom knew who we were right to the end. The majority lose that blessing. Mom new by her actions within as they don't lose their feelings.

It was a very spiritual time with Mom when the end came; So sad. I was devastated. it had been me & Mom all my life, yet a beautiful ending.

The majority aren't like that. Horrible horrible illness I wouldn't wish on anyone

Terrible news for Jimmy and those that care about him. I hope they make the most of their time together.

Alzheimer's has affected family so I know how distressing it is to watch someone you care about change in that way before your eyes.

It does come across from that article that Jimmy Hill was a twat in his younger years

Wurzel - 30/9/2013 08:54

True J it is a newspaper article so caution should be taken over the details. I just know I would give anything just to have ten minutes with my father.

Yes mate, I hear you.

Sitting here and thinking of the ex WRAF military police woman that I have just watched mentally and physically fade away to a skeleton in pain, angered by the fact that these people are left to suffer when a pet in pain would have been put down months ago, and then Jonah makes me laugh, cheers! :)