Football League Special Events series | Vital Football

Football League Special Events series

German Imp

Vital Football Hero
Falling in to my possession today are a number of envelopes which after looking closely I suspect are mirrored similar to first day covers. However, these are produced either by the Football Association and the Football League back in the day. I have eight of them, I know why my father had one of them which I didn’t know he had, but as for the other seven not sure why my dad had them.
No1 England V Finland World Cup match 13 Oct 1976. 8 and 1/2 pence stamp
No2 England V Luxembourg World Cup Match 30 Mar 1977
No3 England V Wales British Championships 31 May 1977
No4 England V Scotland British Championships 4 Jun 1977
No6 Man Utd V Ajax UEFA Cup 29 Sep 1976
No7 England V Holland International Match 9 Feb 1977
No9 Everton V Aston Villa Football League Cup Final 12 Mar 1977 this went to two replays 0-0 at Wembley. 1-1 at Sheffield with goals from Latchford and a Kenyon og. Everton 2 Villa 3 at Manchester with Latchford & Lyons for Everton and Nicholl and Little (2) and that was after extra time.

To keep on an Imps theme No 8 in the Football League series is Lincoln City V Sheffield Wednesday 2 Oct 76 Division Four Champions & Football League Record Breakers. It has a 7p stamp and sponsor of the hand stamp was Tyrrell Contractors (Heckington) Ltd (Building & Civil Engineering Contractors).

In each envelope There is a card detailing the events. In City’s case mentioning the 74 points two more than the previous record. Remember this was under the 2pts for a win. Scoring 111 goals and conceding 39.

All of them are in pristine condition, never knew they existed until today and don’t know how common they are tbf. If anyone can add detail about them feel free.

Falling in to my possession today are a number of envelopes which after looking closely I suspect are mirrored similar to first day covers. However, these are produced either by the Football Association and the Football League back in the day. I have eight of them, I know why my father had one of them which I didn’t know he had, but as for the other seven not sure why my dad had them.

All of them are in pristine condition, never knew they existed until today and don’t know how common they are tbf. If anyone can add detail about them feel free.
..I'm pretty certain I also have the Lincoln one and will have to dig it out to check the 'stamp'. :yes: