Football League Play-offs | Page 8 | Vital Football

Football League Play-offs

Who's Going Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh for fucks sake can't you two get yourself a private thread to indulge in this boring pseud bollocks.

Meanwhile why did no one listen to me last closed season and sign fucking Jack Marriott??? (and don't quote FFP or quantitive easing or qualative analysis or any other tosh because it's a rhetorical fucking question)

I wasn't talking about quality of recruitment either.

You just keep making up things I've said.

I will try one more time *sigh*

I have always advocated looking at gross spend as well as net when comparing resources between clubs and how much they have been spending.

A club could spend £60m on 10 outrageous players for this level while losing only a couple that were never going to stay at the club after relegation and get a net spend of zero.

A team like Rotherham may well have a net spend of zero as well.

Not the same access to resources and transfers though is it? They haven't 'spent' the same remotely. Any examination of club A's transfer business (let's call them Coke shitty) and spending in comparison to the lesser resourced club (IE Rotherham) becomes completely disingenuous.

For FFP terms the two may be the same, but in the real world and on the pitch their business has been poles apart.

The distortion of the PL makes this even more relevant. A relegated club can have single players that teams are willing to pay £20m or £30m for, which players home grown in the SBC would rarely if ever fetch.

Spending £30m on a number of players but selling just one can lead to a zero net spend but a vastly resourced club and strengthened team.

Whereas a team like Barnsley that sells 6-7 of its best players and spends a fraction of what it made is a different story- one that is far better illustrated by net rather than gross spend.

I do happen to know what qualitative means (and can spell it) having done part of my masters in qualitative research.

Rather than just looking at a defined set of numbers regardless of context, I prefer to look qualitatively and quantitatively at the whole business; what they have lost, what they have gained in body numbers as well as money, and those player's importance to the squad.

Context is something you seem to struggle with and are constantly trying to ignore

What exactly do you think a qualitative analysis is???? Jesus, I hope your pupils aren't this dense.

No net and gross are not the same for FFP. Jesus Christ.

Of course you don't just look at one headline number, I mean FFS are you really that stupid that you think people do?!?! Apart from you obviously.

It's clear nothing is going to sink in, half the forum has tried.

Last edited:
Oh for fucks sake can't you two get yourself a private thread to indulge in this boring pseud bollocks.

Meanwhile why did no one listen to me last closed season and sign fucking Jack Marriott??? (and don't quote FFP or quantitive easing or qualative analysis or any other tosh because it's a rhetorical fucking question)

There are just so many teachable moments it's hard to resist...

Not sure Marriott would have got on any better than Grabban did under MON...

What exactly do you think a qualitative analysis is???? Jesus, I hope your pupils aren't this dense.

No net and gross are not the same for FFP. Jesus Christ.

Of course you don't just look at one headline number, I mean FFS are you really that stupid that you think people do?!?! Apart from you obviously.

It's clear nothing is going to sink in, half the forum has tried.
Oh my fucking god can you even read?

What is wrong with you?

I have not said that net and gross are the same for FFP, at all. You have completely misread the whole paragraph, yet again.

I know exactly what qualitative means but I'm wondering what on earth you think it is. No doubt you imagine it applies to one narrow business principle taught only on city MBAs rather than being a way of looking at things that can be applied to wide contexts. We all know how you struggle with the idea of context. Or any ideas whatsoever that are not your own.

You are clearly only interested in the net number. You . Let me repeat- you. I have been saying that for years. Don't try to make that point about other people as if you are part of a majority.

Your reading comprehension is so staggeringly low I'm not sure it's even worth carrying on. You've been picked up on this before repeatedly by OKD and others; you don't argue the points people have made, instead you twist or even completely make up points people have made and mock them.

You are mocking me now, yet every post is clear that either you cannot grasp the point or are not even reading.

Like I say, if you were refuting points I had made I would be happy with that. But every post you have been mocking points that either I haven't made it are gross misunderstandings of what I am saying.

Back to the pray offs as opposed to the ongoing quest to always be right, Bielsa has refused to commit to Leeds after last night.

Although he is quite right and it’s too early to say anything he has a worse reputation than Forest managers for lasting a year.

He spent £10m in the summer, recouping £6m so by most measures you would have to say he did a decent job but was it enough?

Personally I would jump at the chance to have him manage us.

With Pulis as well looking like he could jump or be pushed there could be an interesting merry go round this summer.

Last edited:
Fantastic game to watch last night, but Leeds really threw it away. The mix-up between the GK and CH, and pulling a shirt to give a penalty away. Also for all the Derby early bookings it was Leeds who ended up with ten men first, and Bamford could easily have made it nine.

Fantastic game to watch last night, but Leeds really threw it away. The mix-up between the GK and CH, and pulling a shirt to give a penalty away. Also for all the Derby early bookings it was Leeds who ended up with ten men first, and Bamford could easily have made it nine.
Particularly since autos were out of their hands, Leeds have imploded big style.

When you think at one point they were threatening to run away with the division, it really is strange particularly with such a celebrated manager.

Still you can’t polish a turd...

I have to say the ref/linesman was shockingly bad at letting keogh basically dry hump bamford at every opportunity

few good leeds players, that shackleton looked decent and aisling drives forward well

Oh my fucking god can you even read?

What is wrong with you?

I have not said that net and gross are the same for FFP, at all. You have completely misread the whole paragraph, yet again.

I know exactly what qualitative means but I'm wondering what on earth you think it is. No doubt you imagine it applies to one narrow business principle taught only on city MBAs rather than being a way of looking at things that can be applied to wide contexts. We all know how you struggle with the idea of context. Or any ideas whatsoever that are not your own.

You are clearly only interested in the net number. You . Let me repeat- you. I have been saying that for years. Don't try to make that point about other people as if you are part of a majority.

Your reading comprehension is so staggeringly low I'm not sure it's even worth carrying on. You've been picked up on this before repeatedly by OKD and others; you don't argue the points people have made, instead you twist or even completely make up points people have made and mock them.

You are mocking me now, yet every post is clear that either you cannot grasp the point or are not even reading.

Like I say, if you were refuting points I had made I would be happy with that. But every post you have been mocking points that either I haven't made it are gross misunderstandings of what I am saying.

Yeah I'd beg for help from OKD too in your position :)

Wouldn't be surprised if Bielsa left.

He rarely spends that long anywhere and recently said that he didn't think these players had another season like this in them

He signed a 2 year contract & is apparently, willing to listen to what Leeds are prepared to offer him.

Also - found out that he p[aid the £200k fine fort Spygate personally!

Particularly since autos were out of their hands, Leeds have imploded big style.

When you think at one point they were threatening to run away with the division, it really is strange particularly with such a celebrated manager.

Still you can’t polish a turd...

A celebrated manager that did not take off either CH, that had been booked - with Jansen on the bench - fair enough, not 100% fit, but there was a need to make a change and failing to do so, cost them.

Credit to Derby, they played well - but, certainly Frank has that 'lucky' manager aura around him!

Back to the pray offs as opposed to the ongoing quest to always be right, Bielsa has refused to commit to Leeds after last night.

Although he is quite right and it’s too early to say anything he has a worse reputation than Forest managers for lasting a year.

He spent £10m in the summer, recouping £6m so by most measures you would have to say he did a decent job but was it enough?

With Pulis as well looking like he could jump or be pushed there could be an interesting merry go round this summer.

I would crawl naked across broken glass to jump in to and swim across a shark infested ocean that is made out of fire and the sharks have got venomous snakes in their mouths and the venomous snakes are holding on to hypodermic needles riddled with HIV and ebola on them for him to come and manage us.

I would crawl naked across broken glass to jump in to and swim across a shark infested ocean that is made out of fire and the sharks have got venomous snakes in their mouths and the venomous snakes are holding on to hypodermic needles riddled with HIV and ebola on them for him to come and manage us.

Not sure i would.
Maybe if i kept my pants on.