Football Index | Vital Football

Football Index

chandos9

Vital Squad Member
Football Index is plainly insolvent, which is no surprise, since they were "selling" derivatives which came down to their assessment of various players' performance. This is a bit like me selling my assessment as to which raindrop will get to the bottom of the window first, or, as is explained in The Big Short, by my selling on your bet on someone's roll of the dice. However, unless Forest have got their cash up front, they, and QPR, will not have the shirt sponsorship money they expected. Does anyone know how long the deal was for, and when payments have been made?

Is that from a moralistic point of view or because we haven’t been paid?

I suspect portrayed as both but more financial. Not sure Forest would have a leg to stand on if they dropped the sponsor having already been paid, unless they refunded the investment.

Im always abbiting on about putting the Nottingham into Nottingham. What about even things like shirts? Don't we have one company in Nottinghamshire that makes football kits? Why dont we design a nice kit with them and use them? I don't care two jots about having Macron or Adidas, it can be Sarah Bloggs for all I care.
Maybe we should employ someone a the club that can think the way the public mood thinks on different things, the more organic, local type things

Maybe get a charity on there ASAP until the end of the season?

No point it being blank when you could do some good work. (I'll bet it isn't a gambling addiction charity...)

thats at least 2 games wth blank shirts rather than ANY randon charity that would be better. I mean come on, it would cost a phone call for permission and 50 quid to print it on 20 shirts
(the blank shirt reminds me of the 66 England shirt a bit)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...index-gambling-commission-warned-january-2020

Almost from its launch, however, there was concern in the wider gambling industry that Football Index’s business model could be unsustainable and that its failure could have significant consequences for the whole sector.
The Guardian has now seen a document sent to the Gambling Commission 15 months ago, seen by the Guardian, makes these concerns clear. The document analysed Football Index’s business model in detail and highlighted what its author – a person with extensive experience of the sector – believed to be a number of fundamental flaws.
In particular, the report suggests that Football Index’s deliberate imitation of an investment product “has led to unparalleled levels of irresponsible gambling behaviour from 10,000s of users misled into believing they are investing rather than gambling, with little or no consideration that all of their money is at risk”.

This is the gambling commission for you. Absolutely useless waste of space with zero interest in enforcing any standards at all, and no ability to enforce anything even if they did want to.