Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 35 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

The solution is very simple, just raise income tax on the super rich to a reasonable level. I believe that the top 1% are in that category, so make sure that your tax inspection regime is as tight as a nun's chastity belt (the small numbers make this feasible). Make sure that Google and Amazon (et al) pay their fair share as well.

Make sure you get the partners of the big accountancy firms locked in - otherwise they spend time at her majesty's leisure and have significant assets stripped as a consequence of enabling tax avoidance.
Yes Merd, how many of these fat cats fund the Tories?

Bayern are back in training tomorrow, not sure what they may or may not mean other than perhaps a small ray of light.

The solution is very simple, just raise income tax on the super rich to a reasonable level. I believe that the top 1% are in that category, so make sure that your tax inspection regime is as tight as a nun's chastity belt (the small numbers make this feasible). Make sure that Google and Amazon (et al) pay their fair share as well.

Make sure you get the partners of the big accountancy firms locked in - otherwise they spend time at her majesty's leisure and have significant assets stripped as a consequence of enabling tax avoidance.

Hate to disappoint you "Merd" but, McDonald's, Google, Amazon, Starbucks, KFC and many other companies that make vast profit's in Britain, pay no tax in Britain because they are registered in America and that's where they are due to pay tax.
Anyone earning over £50k only pay 2% national insurance. That could be increased.

Hate to disappoint you "Merd" but, McDonald's, Google, Amazon, Starbucks, KFC and many other companies that make vast profit's in Britain, pay no tax in Britain because they are registered in America and that's where they are due to pay tax.
Anyone earning over £50k only pay 2% national insurance. That could be increased.

Anyone earning over £50k also starts paying 40% Income Tax instead of 20%. With our current tax system, without getting political at all, 2 people earning £40 k each in the same household appear to get off slightly easier....just saying. Surely there is enough money in big business to pay for what we need, unless of course you are Liverpool or Newcastle and then hit the lower earners first who are usually the lifeblood of clubs not the players who most are transient at best.

Ah 58 there are very few British companies left in British hands, Maggie managed to sell off most things even utilities and invite all the foreign companies to set up here as well, all ok until the shit hits the fan and it's every Country for its self as it is at this minute

Gordon Taylor - that gift that keeps on giving.

"I found it astonishing that Matt Hancock could come out like that when he's got his own issues with trying to get the necessary protective health equipment for our NHS workers and didn't have the tests in place either."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...retary-matt-hancock-over-footballer-wage-cuts

He's had what, 16 odd years to look into dementia and utterly failed?

“My dad died, there could be thousands of others out there like him. But the PFA, the union meant to support them, the union whose entire existence is about player welfare, for me, has completely failed in its duty to try and understand why. They have let my dad down, they’ve let my family down, and I think they’ve let football down. They should have been the ones who instigated and fought tooth and nail for these players. If their own union isn’t going to, who is? My dad died in 2002, the research they co-funded with the Football Association into dementia and former players started in January 2018. Sixteen years is not acceptable, not when players are dying.”
https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ng-pfa-chief-gordon-taylor-let-football-down/

The Premier League is eating itself alive , if the whole thing imploded I would not be bothered in the slightest .

There's definitely a tipping point at play here and you don't have to look far across forums and things to find fans of all clubs questioning now.

He's right. Said it before, although we all think of this as a sport, a passion, an obsession, it is an industry and at the moment - like many others - one without a product.

We are all struggling to see how we survive, that is websites, sports writers, freelancers, staff (non playing) at clubs and so on, all the way 'up' the rung to the massive broadcasters (without the product, and contracts being rightly cancelled/frozen by us, the fans) and clubs.

So why shouldn't the players also have to be re-evaluated? They should want to be, for the greater good.

Ah, ermm, then you see the likes of Jack and Kyle Walker and their pathetic actions, and we only know about them as they've been caught out, to maybe worry about the naive thought that people will be thinking about the greater good.

But, if something isn't sorted, and one would suspect fairly soon, the bubble will well and truly burst, and maybe players (and directors/owners) might never seen the same levels of earnings again.

A bit of self sacrifice now could save them a fortune in the long run.

I think a basic point is that should many clubs continue to pay full wages their debts will increase and some will have to be wound up. The very existence of a number of clubs could be under threat given massive drops in income, also will some of the TV money be clawed back? Presumably if games cannot be televised TV companies will look to recoup some of that money back to protect their bottom line.

Income on gate receipts have disappeared, sponsorship/ advertising under threat as well.

FFP will have to be completely rethought as a result of this.