Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 217 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I'm all for the 10k longest continuous ST holders, my son and I have 15 years in the current seats but my Grandaughter who is 10 only has 6 years we might just scrap in at 15 years she won't have a chance, I've been going 53 seasons but never had a ST before 15 years ago, we never sell out so they were really pointless. I can't count the other 38 seasons as I wasn't an ST holder.
There are loads of fans ahead of me who go home and away I really think they come ahead of me, as they are really committed far more than I am
sorry can't agree, lots of fans who would love to go home and away may not be able to due to a long list of perfectly valid reasons.

Because going on a cup run is very different to a global pandemic and restricted crowds which could go on indefinitely . Huge difference
So what are the benefits of buying a season ticket, and why would current season ticket holders bother renewing.

So what are the benefits of buying a season ticket, and why would current season ticket holders bother renewing.
Well they guarantee themselves a ticket at a discounted rate to all home games. And they rightly get priority in that particular year on cup games .
I think lets say if we are looking at a season long capacity of 10k (i know it might not be this but lets use it as an example), thats a lot of games where you exclude a vast amount of fans who might want to be ST holders but simply cannot for a whole host of reasons, this group in my view should have a chance too.

Well they guarantee themselves a ticket at a discounted rate to all home games. And they rightly get priority in that particular year on cup games .
I think lets say if we are looking at a season long capacity of 10k (i know it might not be this but lets use it as an example), thats a lot of games where you exclude a vast amount of fans who might want to be ST holders but simply cannot for a whole host of reasons, this group in my view should have a chance too.
I get your viewpoint Silhill, but they dont guarentee themselves a ticket to all home games because we have thirty thousand STholders and in a restricted attendance, say 10000 the figures dont add up.
Do you then do a ballot every week? it isnt easy is it.

Most companies would reward their most loyal customers. I understand not all companies value loyalty though.

Not even an argument for me this to be fair, as said, it isn't self interest, there must be a good few thousand who have been there longer than me, I'd like them thanked, especially the home and awayers.

It isn't happening though, so it isn't really up for debate.

Makes absolute sense to me though.

No I meant under normal circumstances they guarantee themselves a seat.
Personally I think next season maybe a
% of tickets go to ballot to current ST holders
% go to ballot to those with recent BH
% lucky dip ballot

thats a lot of games where you exclude a vast amount of fans who might want to be ST holders but simply cannot for a whole host of reasons, this group in my view should have a chance too.

That is a bit mad to me. I understand some might like to be customers at all sorts of businesses but can't be. Those businesses have to reward those who ARE customers though.

I'd like Porsche to recognise my love of 911's ... never bought one for a variety of reasons, but even still....

As said, it isn't really up for debate anyway, the club are the decision makers and they are going to ballot all ST holders.

% lucky dip ballot

And I think that would be the way to guarantee you lose a good % of those who put their money in, in advance, come what may, from doing so in the future. Over those who can't for many legit reasons, and those who could be don't because they like to pick and choose games, often depending on if we are shite or ok at the time.

As an example if I'm buying a pizza from dominos say once a fortnight yet my neighbor buys from them 3 times a week , we are still both customers . No different with Villa ST holder vs an individual who might do say 10 games

% lucky dip ballot
Next season wont interest me if we are on restricted attendances, because I have no interest in going into an half empty Villa Park. Done that far too many times in years gone bye when we were shit, never mind doing it when we are in the Prem.
I shall return when things return to normal, whenever that may be.

Going to break the habit of a lifetime and agree with Silhill :grinning:.

If the decision is ballot between ST holders then length of time shouldn’t count. I would just say for this purpose all ST holders are equal . No idea where my 14 years places me but would feel the same if they decided on length of time you held a ST and the 14 years put me high on the priority list for the ballot and would guarantee me a ticket.
Quite happy to be in a ballot with ST holders of one year.

As an example if I'm buying a pizza from dominos say once a fortnight yet my neighbor buys from them 3 times a week , we are still both customers . No different with Villa ST holder vs an individual who might do say 10 games

But if they were rewarding loyalty, your neighbour likely gets 2/3 free pizzas before you're entitled to one.

I don't see it being different here given it's a strange time. ST holders first but when everyone is back in properly, we don't take new ST holders without a previous booking history. That way for those who sadly missed out, they are the first to have their loyalty rewarded as they get on that ladder in a way me winning the lottery wouldn't allow me to.

Going to break the habit of a lifetime and agree with Silhill :grinning:.

If the decision is ballot between ST holders then length of time shouldn’t count. I would just say for this purpose all ST holders are equal . No idea where my 14 years places me but would feel the same if they decided on length of time you held a ST and the 14 years put me high on the priority list for the ballot and would guarantee me a ticket.
Quite happy to be in a ballot with ST holders of one year.
200w.gif

Don't encourage him you git!

If we pass 10k and hit 30k, I would actually prefer that suggestion as the oldest have had their reward, then open it up to get other ST holders back (even if it's 1/10 games etc). But I'd reward length of service until then.

But if they were rewarding loyalty, your neighbour likely gets 2/3 free pizzas before you're entitled to one.

I don't see it being different here given it's a strange time. ST holders first but when everyone is back in properly, we don't take new ST holders without a previous booking history. That way for those who sadly missed out, they are the first to have their loyalty rewarded as they get on that ladder in a way me winning the lottery wouldn't allow me to.
Or maybe to stick with the pizza analogy, there's a global shortage of pizza base dough so supply is being rationed . My neighbour is allowed to order pizza 3 times a fortnight whereas I can only order once a fortnight. This approach is also fair

Or maybe to stick with the pizza analogy, there's a global shortage of pizza base dough so supply is being rationed . My neighbour is allowed to order pizza 3 times a fortnight whereas I can only order once a fortnight. This approach is also fair

So you agree with me then lol

I know a system rewarding length with a greater chance of games in a ballot is fairer all around (10 yrs give you 10 games before a 1 yr gets one game), but we need to improve the first team, we can't spunk a billion on Rachel Riley to do that math lol

So you agree with me then lol

I know a system rewarding length with a greater chance of games in a ballot is fairer all around (10 yrs give you 10 games before a 1 yr gets one game), but we need to improve the first team, we can't spunk a billion on Rachel Riley to do that math lol
You know she gets it all fed to her through an earpiece

Can we have chicken baltis instead of pizza please.