Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 250 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Leicester v Everton due to be played this week postponed again due to covid, injuries etc

This despite Leicester playing their FA Cup tie yesterday with a team that contained Maddison, Albrighton, Tielemans. Perez, Vestergaard, Barnes, Perez, Choudury....

Oh and 3 of their players being on the piss at the darts a week ago.

Erm...OK..
Just saw a headline on the BBC site (I know) that said the Dippers tests were mostly false-positives, so essentially most of them didn't have Covid at all. How incredibly convenient that this caused a postponement during a time that their manager has been moaning about fixture congestion for three years....

Just saw a headline on the BBC site (I know) that said the Dippers tests were mostly false-positives, so essentially most of them didn't have Covid at all. How incredibly convenient that this caused a postponement during a time that their manager has been moaning about fixture congestion for three years....

Yes and they are without 3 players who are at AFCON.

I see that Burnley vs. Watford has now been re-arranged for the 5th Feb with both teams out of the FA Cup.

Hopefully common sense prevails at the Premier League and they re-arrange our fixture vs. Leeds on the 5th Feb as well. The majority of our Internationals should be back by then.

Last edited:
I see that Burnley vs. Watford has now been re-arranged for the 5th Feb with both teams out of the FA Cup.

Hopefully common sense prevails at the Premier League and they re-arrange our fixture vs. Leeds on the 5th Feb as well. The majority of our Internationals should be back by then.

I did think this was a good idea, but just noticed we are also playing Leeds at home 4 days later. Not sure I'd want 2 games against them in quick succession

Whats that old saying .... don't put all your eggs in one basket .
What are the Premier League thinking of ?
Reading reports in papers and on internet it seems case's of covid are on a slow rise again so why on earth would anyone think it a fantastic idea it would be to stop testing all together .... mind numbingly dense .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18127579/premier-league-covid-testing-vaccine-passports/

I know I know it's the sun but it has to have come from some where .

Whats that old saying .... don't put all your eggs in one basket .
What are the Premier League thinking of ?
Reading reports in papers and on internet it seems case's of covid are on a slow rise again so why on earth would anyone think it a fantastic idea it would be to stop testing all together .... mind numbingly dense .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18127579/premier-league-covid-testing-vaccine-passports/

I know I know it's the sun but it has to have come from some where .

Was just reading about that...yes let's only test people with symptoms for a well known often no symptom virus.

Genius!