Football clubs with Odd names.Any level any country. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Football clubs with Odd names.Any level any country.

Organised football began in England/Britain so it is common to see clubs with local names tagged on to Wanderers, Rangers etc. There are also clubs abroad, which include Manchester, Aston Villa etc in their name. Ghana has some interesting club names. My favourites are Amanfro Young Hearts and Buduburam Better Ways but there are many more.

CPD Llanberis FC were known as Locomotive Llanberis while sponsored by the Snowdon Mountain Railway. Lex X1 were another team in North Wales, and Dewi Stars play in the village made famous by the programme Little Britain.

There's an amateur club in Gravesend named Guru Nanak after the founder of Sikhism.
I played against them a few times and they were a very hospitable club. Always thought the name sounded really cool
If you ever fancy a curry on your visit to Gills try Bollywood buffet in Canterbury street the Sikh owners not only provide a nice selection of home made Curries. Their hospitality is exceptional.

The Wednesday Cricket Club played football in the off season.
When I left school in the 70s I worked five and a half days a week. Closed Wednesday afternoon. For one season I played Cricket on a Wednesday afternoon. But the local league were struggling to get players. More and more retailers were open six days and rotating the days off.

Total Network Solutions in Wales before they changed their name to The New Saints. I think they are currently the Welsh champions.

If you ever fancy a curry on your visit to Gills try Bollywood buffet in Canterbury street the Sikh owners not only provide a nice selection of home made Curries. Their hospitality is exceptional.
I think hospitality is just a Sikh "thing". I used to live in the Windmill Hill area of Gravesend, quite close to the Gurdwara. There were quite a few different festivals throughout the year when worshippers would walk around the local area just calling door to door giving food to local households. I was never a fan of curry until one of these visits but am now a convert. 👍

Odd Grenland in Norway. Play at the superbly named Skagerak Arena.
Officially Odds Ballkliubb. Based in Skein, southern Norway. In the region of Telemark which I visited recently to.see the sight of the factory featured in "the Heroes of Telemark". Fascinating day there.

Birthplace of Henrik Ibsen, who, according to Wiki is the second most performed playwright in the world after Shakespeare.

Now what are the Odds on that?

Sorry.