Football becoming a farce ! | Vital Football

Football becoming a farce !

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
Diving,pretend injuries etc and now this ludicrous hand ball farce time the game is sorted out before it loses all credibility.

I'd settle for a simplification of the offside rule that makes it easier for everyone at every level of football incl the kids. If when the ball is kicked any player is further ahead of a defender it is offside - simples.

Your observations are right Prem but just some fines or point deductions would help. A bit like when players kick a ball out and claim a throw in or corner

It is time it was sorted, or simplified. Blatant cheating and the likes of Robbie Savage condoning and even promoting it. Offside is a none sense atm, The favouring of Man Utd just to appease the masses. It is a farce prem. I could go on and on, so rant over.

Var completely ruined the Liverpool Everton game plus Everton’s keeper should have had a red card.....Getting crazy and no sense or sportsman ship .....

I'd settle for a simplification of the offside rule that makes it easier for everyone at every level of football incl the kids. If when the ball is kicked any player is further ahead of a defender it is offside - simples.

Your observations are right Prem but just some fines or point deductions would help. A bit like when players kick a ball out and claim a throw in or corner
Better still, and simpler still, just get rid of offside altogether. It would open the game up by using the whole pitch. Worth a trial.

It would help a lot if they got the decisions right, no need for a rule change Mane was onside innit

Should at least base it on parts of the body that can legally play the ball...not a hand or an arm....oh, hang on.:grinning:

In the Liverpool match the Everton goalie should have been sent off his tackle may destroy a footballers career out for this season at least.

In the Liverpool match the Everton goalie should have been sent off his tackle may destroy a footballers career out for this season at least.
Agreed. No penalty due to prior offside but no excuse for such violence whether the game is in play or not. If the FA have any balls they will charge him with violent conduct and ban him for as long as their rules permit.

FA have bottled the issue. I wonder if they would have made the same decision for anything other than England's keeper? They might have done the National team a huge favour by banning him.

Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford will not face retrospective action over his challenge on Virgil van Dijk in Saturday's Merseyside derby.

The FA determined the incident was seen at the time having consulted with the match officials, including VAR.
The Liverpool defender suffered cruciate ligament damage when he was caught by Pickford in the first half.

The injury is likely to keep him out for at least six months and potentially the rest of the season.

The FA does have the power to intervene even if a decision is seen, but this is only used in exceptionally rare circumstances.

Evidently, these circumstances do not apply on this occasion.

Pathetic bunch of fools.

Last edited:
Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford will not face retrospective action over his challenge on Virgil van Dijk in Saturday's Merseyside derby.

The FA determined the incident was seen at the time having consulted with the match officials, including VAR.
The Liverpool defender suffered cruciate ligament damage when he was caught by Pickford in the first half.

The injury is likely to keep him out for at least six months and potentially the rest of the season.

The FA does have the power to intervene even if a decision is seen, but this is only used in exceptionally rare circumstances.

Evidently, these circumstances do not apply on this occasion.
What is your considered opinion ?

Footballs becoming an expensive farce...
Entered 1 of my 2 codes in the ifollow app for tomorrow and have just been charged £10 on my card!!

Footballs becoming an expensive farce...
Entered 1 of my 2 codes in the ifollow app for tomorrow and have just been charged £10 on my card!!

all i get is. error please try again, last time i contacted when it didnt work took 3 days to get back to me by then i knew the result had watched the highlights provided elsewhere. This M block seat is turning into a big waste of cash. Why dont they just provide us all now with a full season pass lets face it if they let us back in we wont want to watch a one camera match will we.

I don't really have an issue with using VAR for offsides. Most of the controversies have been for some of the more "subjective" elements.

The Henderson goal being ruled out was close, but I haven't actually been given much reason to distrust VAR and their offside capabilities.

That said, VAR screwed up massively by not recommending a red card for Pickford, that challenge was atrocious regardless of the offside or not.